71. grüner veltliner

"It appears your father isn't going to wait any longer," Ymir grumbled, it had been several days since we chased the first guy away and every day since a new one had come.

right

"A bit longer?" I muttered, leaning into Ymir's side while we watched Eren and Mikasa drag the unfortunate person who had been sent today off of the dock.

"I worry about leaving you here alone."

"I'll be fine," I shook my head at her, "as soon as we finish getting the new place set up the two of us can go directly to my father, all of this will end then."

"Just like that?"

"I don't think he would intervene," I hummed, "besides, the Braun family isn't interested in an engagement any longer, it's not like he'll have anything better to do with me."

i had received a letter from gabi a few days earlier

apparently reiner had said something and the whole issue had concluded just like that

im an adult- if my father doesn't have a valid reason to keep me i can just leave

at the very least i know that my brother and friends will step in

speaking of which-

"The other day, when Levi, Erwin and I were talking I thought of something," I paused, "if Mike takes over, all of our problems really will go away."

"Do you want me to murder your father?"

"NO??"

"Oh," Ymir seemed almost disappointed, "then what are you suggesting?"

"I don't think you would like this plan but-"

it may or may not involve me going back

"Yes?"

"What if- in exchange for my return, we ask my Father to step down?"

"Fuck no," Ymir shook her head, "we have no way of guaranteeing that he would ever do that."

"I don't know I'm a rather convincing actor," I murmured, "besides, at this point he wants me back as a matter of honor."

"Yes, and? There are thousands of other solutions, easier solutions, solutions that we know would work."

"I hope killing him isn't one of them."

"Oh-"

"I'm not killing my Father, asshole or not."

"That's a shame."

"We could also have the Ackermans, Smiths, and Brauns put pressure on my family to instate Mike as the current head."

"That's a much better plan."

"They're my Father's largest business partners, even he would step down if they threatened cutting ties."

and-

Erwin, Levi, and Reiner have all practically taken over as the heads of their family businesses already

perfect

"You should've suggested that plan first," Ymir sighed in relief. "The crew and I will focus our efforts on getting the new place all set up."

"You're ready to leave this place aren't you?" I turned to her, "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize," she frowned at me, "I'm here for as long as you need me to be."

"I feel bad keeping you."

"Nonsense, you're supposed to be selfish with me."

alright

"If you enable me I'll become a tyrant."

"You have my full permission to monopolize me."

"Ymir," I turned to face her, "I feel like I can finally begin to imagine the future."

all this time i've been focusing on the present

i've had a really hard time thinking about how our relationship will be after all of this is done

and now-

"Is it a good future?"

"It's wonderful."

"I hope we get to see it together."

"We will, I'm sure of it."

"Let's hurry, I'm impatient," Ymir chuckled quietly to herself. "Tomorrow, you should meet with your friends, let's finish this as soon as possible."

"Alright."

"-And that's about it," the day had passed quickly and faded into the next, I stood in front of my brother, my friends, and my ex-fiance relaying the details of my plan.

"This is the first thing we talk about after you pretend to get kidnapped?" Reiner, clearly, wasn't on the same page as everyone else.

"I mean- it's not like you were unaware of the fact that I desperately wanted to escape our marriage-"

i'll be out of your hair forever after this!

"Hey watch it," Ymir had been scowling at him throughout the entire conversation, "you don't want the rest of the world to know about your aide do you?"

right-

i had forgotten about the whole bertold thing

TOO MUCH HAS HAPPENED

"Calm down," he frowned over at her, "I didn't say I wouldn't do it."

"Sure sounded like it," Ymir scoffed.

"Hey- no hard feelings," I cut in. "Your family doesn't want anything to do with my father anymore right? Just think of this as a way to get rid of him- not helping me."

"Fine," Reiner muttered.

ok well-

"Are you alright with this Mike?" Erwin asked my brother.

"Y/N-" the aforementioned brother turned to me, "no need to start your own business once I become heir."

so it's a yes then

"Why not?"

"Dumbass, weren't you the one who constantly talked about not wanting to ever touch business like this?" Levi interjected.

"The plan changed."

"So dramatically?"

"Yes? Is that so hard to believe-"

"I can't believe you finally have ambition-" Levi gasped dramatically, before returning to deadpan, "if that's what you want, fine."

awww were you worried I was doing something out of obligation?

"Believe it or not I've changed a little bit."

"As Levi said, I wouldn't want you to do anything you aren't interested in-" Erwin paused. "If you're committed then I'll help."

"Me too," Mike nodded.

that's everyone

________________

updating w/ ppl in my dorm room is an extreme sport

- ami