51. torrontes

"Miss- I mean no offense but if you're thrown overboard you're as good as gone- might as well let the ocean take you at that point," one of the many patrons spoke up.

UH SORRY ???

"You don't know how to swim?" Scattered laughter moved through the room.

WAS THAT A SECRET

"Y/N," Ymir pouted, "you weren't supposed to talk about that."

"Sorry-" I muttered under my breath, turning towards our audience. "Ymir taught herself, don't speak on something you don't understand."

was that scary enough?

"Hot-" I could feel Ymir's eyes on my back.

"Have any of you seen her swim?" Hannes, the man we were talking to earlier wasn't any help.

god i shouldn't have brought this up in the first place

"Don't you think it's curious that someone like me is running around with Ymir?" I asked, cutting off any other chatter.

"We've heard the rumors, no need to fill us in."

"Hey- listen to her." Ymir barked out, overcoming her embarrassment to glare at the multitude of people speaking over each other.

"Ymir saved me, I was drowning and she saved me-" I lied easily. "I approached her later because of that incident."

that's far from the reality of our first meeting

or even our second but

i think despite her constant refusal to agree- ymir is somewhat of a hero

"You hear that I can swim," Ymir scowled at the room which quickly backed up.

"Didn't know you were such a hero-" someone teased.

"I'm not, she's just special," she put her arm around me, pulling me closer.

well-

"I'm special but still you're-"

"Enough of that," she cut me off abruptly. "We should be going- I only came to brag," Ymir began dragging me out of the building.

weird

"You didn't have to do that- what's the point in devaluing yourself constantly?"

"I don't see the point in pretending to be something I'm not, I've told you this."

but-

"You're too stubborn," I kicked at the ground. "Who cares? You're a hero to me- can you accept the compliment?"

"I don't know if I like the idea of that at all."

so then what?

"Do you want me to be scared of you? I'm not- you've helped me."

i haven't even begun to repay you for everything you've done for me

how could i ever look at you like the villain?

you aren't

"I don't think that someone truly villainous would be doing so much for me without expecting anything in return."

of course, i'm going to repay you but you're helping me without any guarantees

"You're helping me with my accounting- that's enough."

"No it isn't Ymir- don't pretend."

"You're planning on helping me with a business- that's enough."