67. petite arvine

"Essentially- the plan is to establish a business connected to Ymir here," I paused. "That's really dumbing it down."

we need to buy a storefront and establish connections with craftsmen

but that shouldn't be difficult

if i mooch off of the three young heirs in front of me-

"Do you think your father will leave you alone?" Levi frowned, "doesn't sound like the kind of thing he would turn a blind eye to, he's not stupid."

well of course

"That's where you come in-" I put on my most pitiful expression, grabbing Levi and Erwin's hands, "you wouldn't let your childhood friend's dreams die would you?"

actually levi might say yes

"Yea-"

"Of course not," Erwin beamed back, earnest.

I LOVE YOU

"Levi, your family must know some skilled artists," I gestured to the many paintings and sculptures that decorated the room, "and Erwin, your family must keep in contact with seamstresses," I nodded at the intricately crafted suit he was wearing.

loan them to me?

"Are you asking for contact information?" Mike frowned, "but if you want craftsmen wouldn't our family have what you want?"

true-

"Eventually my business will be in competition with yours, I would hate to do something as underhanded as stealing your future business partners," I replied sarcastically.

of course i'm not above that

but an outright attack seems like the wrong thing to do right now

i'm certain that with time we can get even my father's business partners to switch ships

"All I need is a few people," I paused, "I promise that this won't infringe on either of your futures."

i'm interested in jewelry anyway

"Is that all?" Levi scoffed.

I KINDA THOUGHT THAT WAS A LOT

"Yes? I mean more specifically I'm looking for jewelers- but I figure that through whoever you recommend I can find what I need."

"You should've asked for that right away," Erwin shook his head at me, "Levi and I will look for you."

thanks dads

"That simplifies it," I glanced over at Ymir, "it's exciting isn't it?"

"Most of it goes over my head if I'm completely honest," she reached over to grab my hand. "But you seem happy."

i think i am

"Everything is falling into place, why wouldn't I be?"

"You can leave all your anxiety to me," she chuckled, giving my hand a squeeze, "no use in lying about it."

it does feel like all of this could disappear in a second

especially with how close we are to home

ill get over it eventually

"I'm a little worried but let's not think about that," I turned towards the group. "Let's focus on the things we can do right now."

which is gathering together the people that we need

"Ymir, the two of us should start looking for a storefront for this as soon as possible."

"House hunting while we're at it?"

"Of course."

"You're moving fast," Levi commented, raising an eyebrow.

"You're just sad and lonely, stop projecting."

"Shut the fuck up."

"Stop being a sore loser and maybe I will," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Both of you calm down," Erwin interjected, "house hunting is surprising Y/N."

well-

"It's not like I have anywhere else to go," I shrugged. "Nothing good will come of me going home."

at best i'll be locked up again

i don't really want to imagine what else could happen

most likely an expedited marriage to someone way worse than reiner braun

"You could always stay at one of our houses," Erwin suggested.

OK ILL ADMIT IT

"I also want to live in a house with Ymir," I blurted out, "that's so fucking embarrassing."

"Embarrassing?" Ymir gasped, clutching her heart, "I thought you loved me-"

"OF COURSE I DO-"

"Do you?" Levi further instigated.

"LET'S NOT GET INTO THIS- OF COURSE I DO-"

i cannot believe the roles are reversing on me

"Are you sure?" Mike decided that he didn't want to help either.

"ERWIN PLEASE TALK SOME SENSE INTO THESE PEOPLE-"

"I don't know," he frowned, "I can tell that Ymir has feelings for you but-"

WHY ME

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIENDS."

LISTEN . I WOULDN'T GO THROUGH ALL OF THIS TROUBLE FOR JUST ANYONE

"Hearing it from them I really do feel wronged," Ymir chuckled, shaking her head.

DIE

"I love you, I don't know WHAT I'm supposed to do to prove that-"

PROPOSE ???

"Ymir, I hate to suggest it but she could be using you," Levi shook his head, grinning up at me.

"I AM NOT-" I shrieked, "DID I NOT FREAK OUT AND HAVE A CRISIS ABOUT MY FEELINGS FOR THAT REASON???"

AMONG OTHER THINGS

"You're right-" Ymir gasped, nodding at Levi, "it's quite possible."

GAHHHH

"IF I WANTED TO EXTORT SOMEONE I WOULD RUN RIGHT BACK TO REINER-"

WOULDN'T BE HARD

"Listen to that, she's bringing up another person-" Levi continued.

OH SHUT THE FUCK UP

"So unfaithful," Ymir shook her head.

LEVI STOP THIS

"I'm going to kill you, Levi Ackerman."

"Don't kill your friend," Erwin.

"We would have to report you," Mike.

BE ON MY SIDE FOR ONCE

"You're all horrible," I groaned. "I'm not going to play anymore."

"No fun," Levi grumbled.

"I know you love me," Ymir finally conceded.

good

"I'm starting to question that-"

"I was just kidding."

"I know."

"Love you a lot."

"Oh really?"

"Do I have to prove it now?"

"You can prove it to me later- I'm not sure the rest of them would want to be in the room for that."

"Gross."

_______________

hope the week is going well for you!

- ami