44. sauternes

"AND THEN-" Jean was about 6 glasses deep and in the middle of telling a story of a time when Ymir had successfully negotiated with the local government.

it is impressive that she managed to stay calm long enough to do that

"Oh shut up we've already heard this one before," Eren grumbled over his drink, glaring daggers at Jean.

THAT CAN'T BE GOOD

"Eren's right, we get it you think she's cool, shut up," Hitch grumbled, too drunk to even begin meditating.

MIKASA ??

"I'm only in charge of bringing them back in one piece," she shrugged, leaning back in her chair.

this is going to be disastrous

"You're the one who said I didn't have to worry," Ymir leaned down, whispering in my ear.

WELL NOW I'M WORRIED

"Are you sure they aren't going to hurt each other?"

TO BE CLEAR IM NOT SCARED ABOUT WHAT THEY DO IN THIS RESTAURANT

IM SCARED ABT WHAT THEY DO TO EACH OTHER

THIS IS ALL GOING TO REFLECT ON MY FATHER ANYWAY

"It's fine," Armin reassured me, "Jean won't notice until he's done talking, and he isn't going to stop talking."

i guess you're right

Jean appeared to have not heard Eren's comment over the sound of his own voice, and for the past hour, he had been launching into story after story.

they know each other so well

"If you worry about them too much you'll start getting hair loss," Historia commented between mouthfuls of food. "It's not like we can really do that much to stop it if a fight does break out."

i'm starting to understand why they're banned from so many establishments

"Well- if your captain is as talented as jean suggests I'm sure you can do something," I glanced over at Ymir, meeting her gaze.

"I'm not in the business of beating up my own crew, someone else's sure," she hummed, taking a drink. "Are you happy Y/N?"

WHAT A TERRIFYING QUESTION

"Isn't that a bit-"

I DON'T KNOW AM I ???

"Huh?" She looked up at me, confused, "is there something wrong?"

NO ?? I JUST ?? DON'T KNOW HOW TO ANSWER THAT SO SUDDENLY ??

"I guess I'm happy? That's a difficult question to answer-"

i could always be happier ???

"No I meant-" she chuckled, "are you happy with dinner?"

ah .

"Oh-" I felt heat rising to my cheeks, "it's good, I feel like I should be asking you that question."

"I'm just happy everyone else is happy, food is food you won't survive at sea if you can't eat shit sometimes." She shrugged, reaching out to brush hair out of my face. "I hope you're happy too."

well-

"I think I am," I smiled glancing around at the group each of them engrossed in their own small conversations. "I'm happy they're happy."

"I hope you can be happy just for yourself, you deserve it," she hummed.

IT'S NOT LIKE IM HORRIBLY DEPRESSED OR ANYTHING