Chapter 11- Bishops in Court

Carina, Hailey and Maya walked hand in hand into the courthouse with the rest of Station 19 following behind. After going through security they met with Maya's Lawyer. Hailey tensed when she saw Mrs. Taylor walking towards them. She quickly hid behind her Tia Andy and Carina.

Mrs. Taylor smiled, "Hello everyone. I'm hoping today goes smoothly for all. However during the hearing Hailey will be sitting with myself, the departments attorney and her court appointed attorney as we represent her in this matter. Captain Bishop you will sit with your attorney and with their attorney Lane and Katherine will sit. You already know what I feel to be in Hailey's best interest we just have to get the judge to agree."

Maya and Carina see Hailey start to cry and her whole body starts to shake nervously. Carina crouches down "Bambina it's okay I know this is scary. I know you probably don't want to sit with people you don't know, but I am sure your Station 19 family will sit behind you if you ask. Let's just do this so we can get it over with and move forward. Okay?"

Hailey nodded her head and gave Carina a hug. She then looked at the 19 family "Tia Andy and Uncle Dean will you sit behind me? I think the rest of you should sit with my Mom so she has people supporting her too." Dean and Andy didn't hesitate to say yes and with that everyone headed into court.

After they took a few steps into the courtroom Hailey stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Lane and Katherine. Maya gave her daughter a hug, "You got this baby girl. Let's make this official so we never have to see them again."

Hailey nodded then followed Mrs. Taylor up to her table frequently Looking behind her to make sure Andy and Dean were near her. When she arrived at her table she met her attorney Alexandra Cabot. "Hi, you must be Hailey, I'm Alex I'm your attorney I'm here to represent your best interests in this matter." Alex said as she shook Hailey's hand. Alex smiled, "I've read Mrs. Taylor's report, looked at all the evidence, and I think I know the answer but who do you want to live with your Mom or your grandparents?"

"My mom. I never want to live or see Lane and Katherine again." Hailey told Alex.

Alex smiled "Well then let's make sure that happens. I've been in front of Judge Wilson many of times he's old school but fair." Alex was cutoff before she could say more by the bailiff.

The bailiff shouted "All rise"

Judge Wilson enters "Good morning everyone. Today I call case number 28687 for the case in the interest of Hailey Bishop. This is a hearing on an emergency removal case. I see all parties are present. Counsel your appearances for the record."

"Julia Cooper on behalf of Captain Maya Bishop who is present"

"Alexandra Cabot the ad litem for the minor Hailey Bishop who is present."

"Kate Levy on behalf of the Washington State Department of Child Protective Services."

"Robert Lee on behalf of Lane and Katherine Bishop who are present."

"Thank you all. You may be seated. Well then if everyone is ready Mrs. Levy please proceed." Judge Wilson states.

Mrs. Levy "Thank you, your honor. The department calls Lena Taylor to the stand." Mrs. Taylor headed towards the stand.

"Mrs. Taylor please raise your right hand and be sworn as witness. Do you solemnly swear that the testimony you may give in this cause shall be the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. So help you god." Judge Wilson asks.

Mrs Taylor replied "Yes I do."

Judge Wilson "Mrs. Levy you may proceed."

Mrs. Levy "Mrs. Taylor will you please state your full name and occupation."