Chapter 3 - Breathe Bishops Breathe

"I thought you were sleeping Hailey ," Maya said panicked.

Hailey completely ignored what Maya had just said. "IS WHAT ANDY SAID TRUE? ARE YOU MY MOM?!" Hailey yelled.

"What you heard, what Andy said is true I am your Mom." Maya said as she anxiously played with her fingers. 

Maya was waiting for Hailey to react to be angry, but instead she took off. "Hailey, wait!" Maya said as she went running off after her daughter. Andy quickly followed suit.  Hailey took a sharp turn down a hallway and then another one. Then she headed for the stairs, but by the time Maya and Andy got there they didn't know which way she had went.

They split up. Maya went down and Andy went up. Maya searched all over the floor but she couldn't find Hailey anywhere. Hailey was gone and completely out of Maya's sight.

Maya was fully panicking she needed to find her daughter. Andy came running out of the staircase as she tried to remain calm for Maya, but informed her she couldn't find Hailey either.

Maya started running checking every room she passed, ignoring Andy who was telling her to slow down. Maya kept running until she literally ran into Carina and Amelia.

Carina took on look at Maya and realized she was having a panic attack. "Maya, Bella, you're having a panic attack. It's okay. I've got you. I've got you. It will be okay Bella. Look at me. Eyes on me, no eyes forward, just eyes on me. Good breathe." Carina said as she held Maya in her arms modeling deep breaths.

Amelia looked at Andy and asked "What Happened?"

"Hailey overheard a conversation between myself and Maya. She overheard that Maya isn't her sister but she's actually her mom. Then she ran and now we can't Find her anywhere." Andy said as she was still catching her breath from keeping up with Maya.

Amelia turned to the nurse at the nurses station "Call security tell them to lockdown the hospital and that we have a code pink. Then Call chief Bailey and page every resident here now." She then turned to and said "Maya it's going to be okay, We will find her, security will lockdown the hospital and she won't be able to leave okay."

Maya nodded as Bailey, Grey, Maggie, Jo, and the residents (Perez, Schmidt, Helm) arrived.

Bailey gave out her marching orders. Everyone was to split up and find Hailey. "Maya, you, Carina and I are going back to her room in case for whatever reason she goes there. Everyone else find her and do it fast. I went every inch of this hospital searched until we find Hailey. And someone please do it before I start yelling."

Andy gave Maya a hug, "Maya, I'm sorry but I will find her and we will fix it. Okay?" Andy noticed some of the residents searching the current floor, so with that she headed to the next one. She was frantically searching every room and small space. She had to find the Hailey  for Maya and she was worried about Hailey.

Two floors later she still hadn't found Hailey. She tried entering the on-call room to look but it was locked. Andy repeatedly knocked but no answer but she could hear someone in there. She ran to the nearest nurses station and grabbed the key. She opened the door and found Hailey crying on the floor.

Andy sat down on the floor next to Hailey. Quickly scanning her to make sure she was okay. Andy didn't notice anything visibly wrong with her.

"Hails you scared the crap out of all of us. Are you okay?"

"Am I okay? Of course I'm not okay. Everyone has been lying to me my entire life. Maya isn't my big sister. She's my mom. The person I've looked up to my entire life  HAS BEEN LYING TO ME! AND EVEN WORSE SHE LEFT ME WITH LANE THE MONSTER! HOW COULD SHE DO THAT TO ME ANDY?!" Hailey angrily cried out.

Andy saw the girl starting to have a panic attack just like Maya. She reached out to the girl, but Hailey quickly pulled away "Stop stop. Don't touch me. I can't I can't believe this. Why?" Hailey said struggling for air.

Andy didn't care what the girl had just said. She carefully wrapped Hailey in her arms. "It's okay Hails. Let it out. You're okay. Everything will work out. Breathe Hailey Breathe. Just take some deep breaths in an out."

Hailey stopped fighting Andy's hug and continued to sob. Andy tried holding back tears. She remembered Hailey as the little girl Maya and her would take to the park on their off shifts. Andy had know for years the truth but understood why Maya did what she did. But she always wondered why Maya didn't just explain everything with Hailey sooner. She knew Hailey would've kept it a secret if Maya had asked. Prior to the moment Hailey found out Maya had been lying to her, she would've done anything for Maya.

As Hailey started to calm down, Andy looked at the girl in her arms and said "Kid I know your mad at Maya right now. I get it. She didn't tell you the truth none of us did. But she had her reasons. You know what Lane is like. When she got pregnant with you he didn't give her a choice. She has always done everything to be there for you. She loves you so much. It has taken her years to realize that Lane wasn't strict but abusive. At the fire when she did, the very first thing she said to me after was I have to get Hailey out of that house. She tried seeing you, but Lane he wouldn't let her. She had just signed the court papers to file for custody yesterday."

Hailey looked up at Andy in shock "Was she really filing for custody?"

"Of course she was Hails,  she loves you. It has taken sometime because well Lane is smarter than any of us previously thought. I'm not asking you to forgive her, but please please please at least come here her out." Andy said as she stood up, holding out her hand for the young girl to take.

Hailey grabbed Andy's hand and walked out of the on-call room. She was not looking forward to having to see Maya or mom or whatever she would have to call her. It was beyond confusing.

Andy noticed the worried look at the young Bishop's face and said "Now that the truth is all out, you know what this means right? I'm no longer Andy to you. I'm your Tia Andy and I will always be here for you."

Authors note: I wanted to get out another update today so here's a quick one! I hope you enjoy! Expect an update soon.