Chapter III - The savior

It's been 15 days since Saki woke up. Aleister was reminiscing in his ward. He first remembered a dialogue that happened 6 days after he saved Saki. The scientist was in his main room, sitting in his bed. He wore a black T-shirt with a logo resembling a heavy metal-related symbol and a pair of black cargo pants.

- I knew that day would eventually come... I have long awaited the day you would finally save someone, even from another world... This, my son, is a monumental accomplishment you have made, of which your dear mother would be proud along with me. However, the bold and reckless manner inherited from your father was also present in your acts, nearly causing your demise... So, I would like to ask just one tiny little question, Al... <inhale> ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND?!

A projection of a masculine figure in a suit in his mid-fifties berated him. He wore a military suit and had short, gray hair with a cybernetic eye implant in place of his left eye. He was the stepfather of Aleister, whose actions annoyed him so much his voice made the entire facility shake. The berated scientist just took all of it like a champ, not even twitching a muscle since this man raised him for 12 years since his mother's death.

- You used up the Sacred Blade of Genesis, a FORBIDDEN GADGET FOR HER?! AN OUTSIDER?!

- Yes.

- And you're not even denying it... Argh! Bloody hell-

- Tom, I can explain all of this, but-

- What the literal FUCK were you thinking when you stabbed yourself with that FUCKING BLADE?!

- I know..., but... I saved her from death. All of those sorrowful events this poor gal might have gone through... A one-way trip to insanity, for sure... She might have completely lost trust in everyone and her belief in the existence of goodness. Her self-esteem must have been reduced to atoms as well... They raped and abused her in every way possible... I could see it in her eyes, staring into the void with nothing but regret and agony while that wretched substance gave her a projection of a false utopia... Not to mention the dead fetus inside her at such a young age... She triggered "that" memory too...

- That's not an excuse for applying it on yourself, you poor bastard! Especially with FORBIDDEN ARTS, FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

- I had to act fast, Tom... She showed no sign of life-

- Look at yourself! YOU'VE NEARLY BECOME CRIPPLED! HELL, YOU COULD'VE DIED!!

- It left a mark, yes. But this and her returning vital signs also symbolize that my sacrifice didn't rot in vain... - he said while showing his chest with a blackened scar lying on it.

- But you will carry it until you draw your last breath! And I dare presume that precious lady you rescued might continue that fucked up path she's been down on!

- I understand your prejudice..., but I won't let her get hurt anymore. And I'm sure she won't step on that path again. I'll protect her no matter what... She even held back one of Absalom's acolytes while it tried to devour me... Or was it the manifestation of her soul and her dead children?

- Still, rules are for obedience! Not for breaking them, dammit!! These rules protect everybody, including YOU as well! You still remember your father's ritual... Right?

- Yes... The failed resurrection...

- Al... I'm saying all of this because I'm still worried about you. Your father asked ME to adopt you after he failed, so I still find you as my son, even though we're not blood-related! Get it?

- Yeah, you got it... It was the last time... I swear...

- Good... Keep it that way, for once... <sigh> ... Dammit... On the flip side, congrats on your successful rescue... Even if it had slipped into such vicious extremes... - the menacing gaze of the elderly figure had softened.