when you love someone | jaemin

You didn't know Na Jaemin all that well

He had transferred to your school some time in the middle of winter, which was a weird season to change schools to begin with, but you hadn't had the chance to ask him.

It wasn't like you were nosy, no. Na Jaemin had no friends- you believed it was because of his sudden showing up in the middle of the semester that made it hard to make any- which was why you were determined to be his first.

Your best friend Donghyuck wasn't very thrilled about the idea. He firmly believed that people should be left alone if they wanted to be alone, but you thought otherwise. Just because Na Jaemin was alone all the time, doesn't necessarily mean that he wanted to be alone.

You had tried approaching him a few times, but all of your attempts would deem futile as he would leave before you could even muster up the courage to say hi. It was as though he knew what you were up to, but you were far from giving up.

The closest you had ever gotten to him was in the hallway right outside of your classroom. Ironically, you hadn't even seen him then, much less tried to talk to him. Donghyuck was telling you a funny story about how he had accidentally threw his cup of orange juice on his bed instead of his phone the night before, and you were far too caught up in your laughter that you had failed to notice the boy in front of you.

You had walked right into him- rather harshly, one might add- the force causing you to stumble. If not for Donghyuck grabbing the nook of your elbow just in time, you were sure you would have face planted to the ground.

Your lips were quick to blurt out an apology, but all you got from Jaemin was a cold glare before he stalked away.

"What's his deal..." Donghyuck mumbled under his breath, shaking his head before turning to you. "You alright?"

You blinked before giving your friend a smile. "Yeah. It's alright, it was my fault."

"Doesn't warrant his bitchy behaviour." Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "Let's go."

Donghyuck's words would stick to you for a long time, though you still found it hard to believe.

Na Jaemin wasn't a bad person, and you were determined to prove Donghyuck wrong.

❄️

March 14th, White Day.

You were walking down the hallway with three bottles of banana milk in your arms (the convenience store in your school had a one-for-one sale for all flavoured milks, so obviously you had to get four).

One had already been given to Donghyuck (you knew he would throw a fit if he wasn't the first to receive your gift. Plus, he was already with you when you made your purchase anyway). You had only narrowly managed to escape his attempt at giving you a kiss as you embarked on looking for your second recipient- Huang Renjun.