lost in reality | 04

The next week came by fast and before he knew it, Yuta found himself at the entrance of the football stadium, waiting for Soyoung to arrive.

"Hey!" She greeted when she finally did. Soyoung was clad in an oversized jersey representing Korea and some jeans, a huge grin on her face.

"Someone's excited," Yuta remarked.

"I've never been more excited in my entire life."

Yuta could feel the energy radiate from her petite body and wasted no time in bringing her inside to the seating area which was already beginning to fill up.

It had only been a few weeks since they first started talking to each other, but it felt like they had known each other since forever. Soyoung was an easy person to talk to, and they shared many common interests besides football. When Yuta had oh-so-nervously asked for her phone number during one of Rowoon's practices, he was beyond ecstatic when she agreed.

And that was all he had been feeling whenever he was with the girl.

It made him wonder if there was some truth to Taeyong's words— did he actually like her?

Ninety minutes left as soon as it came, and the pair soon found themselves walking side by side at the park nearby the stadium, the cool breeze of the night nipping at their skin.

"Don't feel too down, Yuta," Soyoung teased as he continued to pretend to sulk. Japan's loss didn't actually affect him all that much, but he enjoyed seeing the girl happy.

"It's okay. I'll be sure to tell you that the next time they play against each other," he said coolly as he leaned against the railing, back facing the river below them.

"Oh, so will there be a next time?" Soyoung asked cheekily as she stood in front of him, to which Yuta replied with a scoff. She was quite the blunt one, different from the other girls Yuta had dated in the past.

"Fine, guess I'll just give the tickets to Sunghoon-"

"No! I was kidding! I'll go with you!" She fake cried, causing Yuta to throw his head back in laughter.

A comfortable silence soon settled between them as they turned to face the scenery of the night.

"This is nice." Soyoung nodded. "Thanks for bringing me here, Yuta." She turned to the boy, all signs of cheekiness void from her face as she gave him a sincere smile.

Yuta grinned back in return. "Of course."

Yuta had managed to convince Soyoung to let him send her home considering it was now late at night. Soyoung thanked him profusely, insisting that she'd repay him the next time they meet.

Yuta drove home with a stupid smile on his face. So there will be a next time.