lost in reality | 02

The next day, Yuta was stopped by Taeyong at the door as he was putting on his shoes.

"Where ya goin'? The boys don't finish school until 5."

"I'm just gonna go pay Rowoon a visit," he answered nonchalantly as he stood back up to face his friend. "Ciao."

"A visit? The last time you went to 'visit' you made a kid cry- Yuta, wait! Not again..." Taeyong muttered nervously when Yuta slammed the door in his face.

He turned around and stalked towards Jaehyun's room where he knew he would be at, not bothering to knock as he barged inside.

"Yuta went to visit Rowoon at football practice. You have to follow him."

Jaehyun looked up from the book he was reading, eyebrows raised. "Visit? The last time he visited he-"

"Made a kid cry. Yeah, I know. You gotta stop him!"

"I was about to say got into a fight with a parent, but yeah, that too," Jaehyun muttered under his breath as he put on his coat.

"This probably has something to do with why he was so down yesterday," Taeyong murmured distractedly. "Ugh, stupid Nakamoto Yuta! How many times do I have to remind him not to go around picking fights with literal children?"

Jaehyun left the house in the midst of Taeyong's rambling, purposely taking his time to drive to the public football field which was only supposed to be five minutes away. This wasn't his first time having to clean up after Yuta's mess, and he wasn't particularly enthused to help Taeyong either after he oh-so-rudely barged into his room in the middle of his reading time.

The field came into view, and Jaehyun could make out the mass of tiny humans running around on the grass, kicking the ball around aimlessly as the coach tried desperately to keep them under his wing.

It made Jaehyun wonder if a football club for seven year olds were even necessary in the first place.

"Did Taeyong send you?" Yuta didn't need to turn around to know that it was Jaehyun who had settled next to him on the bleachers.

"Yeah. So who's the kid?"

"Son Minjae. Number 11." Yuta pointed lazily to the boy who had just managed to kick the ball into the goalpost, cheering as he made his way back to his friends, knocking a little Rowoon down in the process.

"Son of a-"

"Hyung, chill. He's just a kid." Jaehyun raised his arm to stop Yuta, who was ready to jump off the bleachers at the sight of their younger brother getting knocked down.

"He did that on purpose!"

"At least wait till the end of practice."

Begrudgingly, Yuta leaned back in his seat, his tongue poking the inside of his cheek to let Jaehyun know he wasn't satisfied with his decision.

After around twenty minutes or so, practice finally ended and Yuta found himself leaping off the bleachers to get to where Rowoon was.

"Hyung, did you see the goal I scored just now?" The boy asked, excited.

"Of course, kid! What did I say about you being the best footballer in East Asia?" Yuta grinned, ruffling his hair as always before he squatted down. "Should we go show Minjae who's the best?"

"Hyung." Jaehyun walked towards them, giving Yuta a pointed look before patting Rowoon on the back. "Good job, kiddo."

Rowoon gave his brothers a toothy grin, his smile falling slightly at the sight of someone behind Yuta.