#09 - Scaramouche || I should do this more often

•This is Scaramouche, not wanderer/kunikushi
•gender neutral reader
•being drunk *wink wink*
•switches perspectives
•swearing (only when it switches to 1st person). Not used often
•words with indentation are thoughts

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?! It makes me sick....but this time, it feels pleasant..."

"Ooohhh Scaramama!"

"Ooohhh Scaramama!"

You cupped your mouth to project your voice.
"C'mon shawty!"
Childe followed your manner, you shot your head back at the ginger for calling Scaramouche short when you were literally shorter than him
"Scaramoochie! Moochie!"
"Scarachewww!"
"Scary moose!"
"Scaracoochie!"
"Scarabo- uh never mind"
"Fandango- I mean Scarmouche!"
"Bowl cut!"
"Comerade!"
You and Childe called out all the nicknames of Scaramouche that you could think of. How many nicknames does one man have?
"Ugh, I blame it on you for making him drunk."
You exhaled heavily.
"Well I didn't know Ojou Chan cared that much about the balladeer!~"

Childe teased heavily but you just rolled your eyes at him and flipped him off. You knew not take Childe's teasing to heart as he was only doing it to get a favourable result, besides you were just a highly trusted fatui. You got promoted a lot by the Tsarista herself and your colleagues saw you as favourable, you've even earned some of the harbingers praise or form of respect! Well...except for one, the balladeer. He wasn't very popular due to his cold and harsh demeanour but y/n of course was assigned to, as Signora describes it, 'babysit' him. Of course everyone feared him but he wasn't too bad, just a few hurtful insults here and there and it was fine! You could even consider that he's warmed up to you (you made up that lie).

A faint refreshing breeze blew past the stary night, a jingle was heard in the distant, preferably from a couple of small bells. 'Scaramouche.' You thought, Childe and you exchanged looks at each other both sharing the same idea and started tracking the sound down. Turned out the drunkard was sitting down on the dry grass whilst leaning against a tree half asleep. You could never fathom how anyone could be afraid of the man.

"Welp y/n, it seems as though I've finished your request"
Childe grinned, he wasn't as intimidating as Scaramouche but his smile gave you the creeps.
"Huh?! No you haven't!"
"Well you told me to help you find him, not anything else so toodleloo!"
"SON OF A-"
You stopped yourself from blowing steam off at Childe, after all, he was a harbinger and you were lower than him giving you no right to speak to him in such a manner. You watched the ginger's figure shrink into the distance and turned back to the half asleep man. You walked closer to Scaramouche and looked at him from the top. His red and black large hat covering his face.

"Scaramouche?"

You tried jolting him back to reality, he looked up at your e/c eyes.
"Oh it's *hic* you"
He replied in a husky voice, you stopped yourself from breaking out in laughter from its small hiccups.
"Sir, we have to go"