chapter 4 - A Vampire's Confession [edited]

Jezebel and Damien just looked at each other then back at me until they burst into laughter. The entire day consisted us laughing and boring chit-chat.

********

"It's like I said-"

"Alessa," Damien sighed. "I guess I haven't been totally honest with you," he frowned as his gaze fell to his feet.

"What?"

"I know for a fact you’re lying." The look in his eyes spoke of guilt and confusion.

"And how would you know that? Hmm? " I asked teasingly in futile hopes of lightening the conversation. "Because-your..." he trailed off.

"I'm what?"

He stayed silent. We had gone from laughing and teasing to awkward and scarily serious in a matter of moments and I my heart rate began speeding.

"I'm what Damien!?" I yelled started to get irritated.

"My soul-mate," he said under his breath, enough for me to hear.

"Your what?" I couldn’t have heard him right.

"My soul-mate. I have been waiting actually two hundred years for you," his cheeks started to flush. He was so cute when he blushed. My heart fluttered at the thought that I had made him blush. Finally sense returned to my brain and I tried to think.

"But I thought-"

"Vampires didn't have soul-mates?" He chuckled looking back into my eyes. I felt like he was searching deep inside me his eyes looked so deep

"Well-yes."

"We do, just as you werewolves do. Our bond is much, much stronger though. Werewolves don't live nearly as long as a vampire we cannot die of old age," he began. "We can wait decades to centuries for our one true other half. We don't call them mates but the missing link to our soul."

"But-I thought vampires are soulless?"

"No," he chuckled. "We have what's called a half soul, our soul-mate has the other half to make the two halves into a whole. Kind of like a puzzle."

"And I'm your missing puzzle piece?" Damien nodded.

"I know this is very soon for you but when my eyes met yours, I just...knew. Didn't you feel it too?"

Going back remembering a few days ago I had felt it but I wasn't totally sure. I had ignored it because my wolf half called out to Jase so I overlooked it.

"The strange thing is, only vampires can feel that pull towards another vampire or even a human but never a werewolf since we are natural enemies. I just don't get it, which is why I feel as though you’re keeping something from me," he frowned once more.

What am I suppose to say? That I'm half vampire, that's the reason we are mates? But I also have a wolf side that already has a mate but he abandoned me?

"I-" I began to say but Jezebel came running towards us in a frenzy.

"We got to get back home. Now!"

"What is it? What's wrong?" Damien asked.

"The wolves they have trespassed," Jez looked over at me. "I think they're looking for you."

I began to shiver from fear.

"Well, we can't go back home if they are looking for Alessa. Her scent is all over that place."

"Then where should we go?"

Damien gave her this sad look without having to answer her.

"No. Damien please not there! You know I hate that place!"

I look up at Damien giving him a questioning look.

"It's better not to ask," he said to me.

"Are we going there on foot?" Jez asked.

"We have no other choice," Damien shrugged.

"Will she be able to keep up?" Jez said pointing out towards me.

Damien looks over at me then back at Jez. "I'll have her ride on my back."

"The whole way?" She gasped.

"The whole way." He said smirking at me.

I wished I knew where we were going but something was telling me I would regret if I were to ask... Instead I tried to relax as Damien lifted my entire weight. I knew I wasn’t very heavy but I felt sorry for having him carry me.

________________________________________________________________________________

Comment/Vote/Fan!

-Bunni (edited by PsychoChic)