chapter 4 - A Vampire's Confession [edited]

A Vampire's Confession

The next day Damien thought that he should show me around town. I had to admit as weird as it was, it reminded me of Sleepy Hollow starring Johnny Depp. And as odd as it seemed; I really like this town. It just felt so...homey.

As we walked around town Damien felt it was needed to not only be my tour guide but to actually sound like one.

"And over here is our town statue; this town was founded by Dracula himself." I really had to giggle at that; all my life I believed that Dracula was a myth but here I was in the town he founded. Damien also spoke of the town's dark mystery. Literally, its dark mystery of why it's always dark here, the sun never comes up. Sources believe that Dracula had witches cast a spell on the town to always be trapped in darkness for all the vampires to live.

'Oraş de vampiri' Dracula had called the town City of Vampires. He wasn’t very creative with the name.

As Damien went on and on about the town's history I couldn't help but feel so fascinated about Damien's...mouth. After him talking about the name of the town I lost myself in thought of his mouth.

'I wonder what it feels like against mine. Is he a good kisser? If I kissed him would he be able to tell that I've never been kissed before?' I mean I'm only eighteen and I've never been kissed. When you live in a town full of beasts that hate you and don't want to be near you of course you’ve never been kissed let alone hold someone's hand!’ More of that internal war that seemed more and more ongoing.

"So, tell me about yourself."

"Huh? What?" I said breaking my gaze from that delicious looking mouth of his.

"I said tell me about yourself." Damien chuckled.

"Er-well-there really isn't anything much with me."

"Oh come on there has to be. You’re a werewolf hiding in a town full of vampires. I think I need an explanation as to why we were running for our lives back in your home town."

"Did you ever get the knowledge that they found your scent in my home and looked at me as an...abomination.' Silly Alessa you were an abomination since the day you were born. As a matter of fact since the day you were first conceived.

"I highly doubt that."

"What makes you so sure?"

"Because you wouldn't have left with me, you would've stayed behind with your pack to tell them your side of the story."

Crap! Should I tell him? But what if he hates me? What if he turns his back on me like the others? 'Alessa! Shut up and just tell him! He may like the fact that your actually vampire!

"You did drink that blood Alessa whether you want to think it is or not. It was indeed blood. Just tell me."

****Flashback:*****

"Alessa..?" Damien whispered as I wiped my mouth from any remaining blood on my lips. "Are you-?"

Crap! They know! Think Alessa! Think!

"What foul mess is this?" I said wrinkling my nose in disgust.

"Blood," Jezebel chirped.

"It's gross," I said.

"T-then w-why did you drink it?"

"Er-I was really thirsty and hungry. I thought it was tomato soup," I lied.

"Liar." Jezebel and Damien said in unision.

"No really, I never thought two vampires would actually feed a werewolf just blood. If you both haven't noticed I am a werewolf we eat raw meat all the time the blood is like hot sauce to us. It gives that extra kick. I've never had blood by itself. Foul mess."