chapter 9 - Invisiblity [edited]

Invisibility

Mom failed to ask me where I’d been. I guess she didn't want to question because I would want more answers and she didn't seem too keen on giving anymore answers. She just left it as it was, which was beyond strange.

I lay in bed wide awake. I couldn't sleep; I couldn't stop thinking about Damien. I stared up at the stars through my window; while I curled up under the covers.

I missed him and it hadn't even been a full twenty-four hours.

I still wanted answers; why I was run out of town. I definitely was not looking forward to going to school tomorrow.

'Just go to sleep Alessa and dream of Damien.'

Yeah,right that'll just make me miss him even more.

"Alessa, I love you," Damien said with such sadness.

"I love you too but why is it I feel like there is a 'but'?

"It's just that I didn't wait for you for centuries to have to share you with another; another who is my natural enemy. I'm sorry Alessa, we just cannot be together; it's impossible."

"No! Damien, it's not impossible!

"I'm sorry-"

"Please Damien don't leave me!"

His form began to fade into nothingness until I just stared into darkness...

"Alessa! Get up your gonna be late for school!" Mother yelled from down stairs.

I open my eyes and sit up while ruffling my hair; groaning to myself. What a dream...

"Alessa!" She yelled.

"I'm up, I'm up!"

"Well, hurry up!"

Why did I have this distinct feeling that today was just going to be so awesome!?

Yes, people that’s what’s called sarcastic, if you took that serious then you just need to dunk your head in water and take a deep breath!

'Alright, stop it Alessa your acting way too dark!'

"Well, how would you feel about dreaming of your mate who just walked away from you and left you there in darkness? I hated the dark!'

'But isn't that what you did? You left him...'

'Okay, fine you have a point but I don't plan on leaving forever-what is wrong with me?’

These mental wars really needed to stop!

'You should see a psychiatrist! Oh you know what would be really funny!?'

'Shut up!' Oh I hate this voice in my head!

"Wow, I was literally going to say you should say that but say it out loud in a public place and drop to the floor and start spasming!'

'I just need to go to a psychiatrist.'

'No, you need a priest to be exorcised actually.'

"Alessa!" Mom yelled again.

"I'm coming, I'm coming"

Yep, what a great morning!

* * *

At school I half expected everyone to treat me the way they had treated me before; man, was I dead wrong.

Instead of their evil snickers, glares, and once in a while push and shoves; I was completely ignored!

I couldn't believe it! Not one person looked at me; I felt some of the weight being lifted off of my shoulders. Sure they still whispered back and forth about me to their friends and stared but it wasn't glares. They looked almost...frightened of me. How strange; the only person that acknowledged me is my friend-

"Lessy!" Liana screeches as she ran towards me in the hallway.

"Hey Li-oomph!" She simultaneously knocking the air out of my lungs and off my feet.

"Where have you been I missed you!"

"I er-" I started to say.

"Never mind I'm just glad your back! I was really worried!"

"I'm glad to be back too."

"I'm so glad you’re safe and sound," she said getting back onto her feet; I stood up as well.

"What are you doing tonight!?" She said with a rather large grin on her face.

"Nothing? Homework I guess because it's a school night."

"Want to just come over to my house tonight and study!?"

"Er-I-sure?"

"Great see you after school!" Liana said as she walked away.

"What just happened?" I asked myself out loud.

"I'd say she rather...obnoxious," a voice said behind me that I recognized instantly.

"J-Jase?" I asked turning around to stare into his beautiful eyes. They made my heart flutter. I was both excited and upset. He had made me leave town. He had rejected me and it had hurt like a bitch. But at the same time, he was my mate and I couldn’t help the butterflies in my stomach at the sight of him.

"Yep, glad to see your okay," he said chuckling.

"Er-yeah-Jase, why did you tell me to leave town?"

"Does it matter?" His smile turning into that frown I hated so much.

"Duh! I deserve to know!"

"You shouldn't have come back," he said under his breath.

"Why?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Listen, just meet me at my car after school."

"Can't. I'm supposed to hang out with my friend after school."

"She's your friend she'll understand. Do you want to know or not?"

"Of course I do!" I screeched rather too loudly; I slapped my hand over my mouth at my realization.

"Then meet me out in the parking lot later.

"Fine, okay."

"See ya then!" With that he turned around and walked away leaving me there to stare at the back of his head.

What the hell was wrong with me? Why couldn't I just be normal and have just one mate? Why two?! I knew I couldn’t have them both, especially since they were both from two different worlds. Damien accepted me more than Jase, who always has regret in his eyes and it pained me so.

‘Calm down Alessa. You'll have your answers real soon!’

I sighed to myself melancholically,

‘But are they answers I would really want to hear?’

‘Are you kidding me!? I've been wanting answers my entire eighteen years of life!’

____________________________________________________________________________________

Comment/vote/fan!

Edited by Psychochic!

-Bunni