Two lonely souls

I've been meaning to write more, but the latest semester at uni was a lot and needed a break from everything. Luckily managed to get some time off and enjoy the summer.

The s6 finale wasn't quite as hoped for, almost got the tully breakup, but at least got the veo one. And finally or girl is the Captain, so proud of her!

Something different for the finale. (In this one tully is broken up)

~~~

It was the day of the Firefighters Ball, Andy made her way to the hotel where the ball was held, all of the A-shift was already there, waiting for the event to start, all dressed up. It wasn't often when they had the chance to dress up, just enjoy the night and celebrate. They had something else to celebrate, Andy was also promoted captain earlier that day. Andy was proud of herself that she finally got the job she has worked so hard for, but she felt conflicted. She wanted to celebrate it with someone, yes she had her friends, but she wanted someone special to celebrate this achievement with. Andy was roaming around the ball room, searching for the person she could dance with, the only one she wants to dance with. But he wasn't there, she spotted Vic near the bar, hoping maybe she knew where he was.

"Hey, Vic. Have you seen Robert?" Andy asked, standing next to her friend, taking a glass of champagne.

"No, but I think he's around here somewhere. Something important?" Vic asked. Raising an eyebrow while sipping her champagne.

"No, just wanted a dance partner who know how to dance and can keep up with me" She joked.

"Ok" Vic said, but nor believing it was the full story,

"Oh, Vic I heard about you and Theo. You ok?"

"Yeah, well I think this was a long time coming. Things just... I'm not too broken up about this, kind of knew it would happen eventually..." Vic trailed off.

Andy rubbed her friend's arm "I'm here for you if you need to talk."

Vic nodded "But anyways, I need a drink and let's toast to you finally making captain! Let's take some shots!" She shouted exited.

Andy refused the shot "No, I'm okay, I can toast with this." She showed her champagne glass.

"Come-on girl, you have been drinking water or that light stuff, you need something stronger to celebrate. You finally made it captain, it needs to be celebrated and I'm so proud of you, Captain Herrera. So drink up!" She let the bartender fill up two shots and gave one to Andy.

Andy thought for a moment maybe she needs some liquid courage before she talks to Robert. "Hmm, okay, only one then. I need to be able to dance afterwards, I don't want to make scene on the dancefloor when I trip over." She laughed.

"Bottoms up!" they clinked their glasses and took the shots.

"Ok, I'll better go now. See you later Vic! Oh and Vic, don't drink that much, you have to make it home later as well. We might have come together here, but you have to finish your night in your own bed!" She said winking at her friend who had already ordered another drink.

Vic only laughed and shouted after her "Don't worry, I have Travis to take me home!" she took the other shot and went to find Travis, she needed her best friend and maybe share her suspicion about her friends and ask if he has some theories what was going on.

Andy left the ball room, she wondered maybe he left to get some air. She finally found him standing on the balcony gazing over the city. He was wearing a white tuxedo with black bottoms, he looked so handsome as ever especially in a tux, in it he looked devilishly handsome. She admired him for a moment before she approached him "Hey! I was looking for you. May I join?"