Please, don't be mad

A little drabble about how Andy might react when she finally places all the pieces together and finds out about Robert and Ross. Her reaction might go two ways – She shouts at Robert, be disappointed and send him you know where or be understanding.

~~~

Robert heard the door to the roof open and footsteps approaching, he didn't need to turn around, he knew immediately who that person was.

"I knew I would find you up here. Do you mind?" Andy asked as she approached him.

Robert only motioned to join him and turned back to watch over the city "I came here to get some quiet time between the calls and I won't get that down there. Don't get me wrong I love the team and I've got used to their banter and it's fun, but it gets too much sometimes and they are loud, very loud."

"Yeah, that they can be... You know I used to come up here to get some alone time, to clear my mind. It's quite calming to listen to the city noise, the cars driving by, the wind. Also the view is not bad either, especially the sunsets and rises" She added.

Robert only smiled to her which Andy returned, she gets him, it's nice sometimes to just be and enjoy the moment of peace, especially in their line of work. They stood there for a moment, looking into the distance, but Andy had other reasons why she followed him to the roof, she wanted to know why he wasn't smiling that often anymore and sometimes wore his stoic look like he used to have when he was the strict captain. She had asked about it before, but he only deflected or tried to cover it with a smile, but Andy knew something wasn't right, she knows him well enough to see when he's lying to her.

„Soo what or rather who has made you pout all day, but if I think about it, for more like... weeks, a couple of weeks now?"

Robert turned to her only met by a look 'don't you dare lie to me, I know somethings up', he didn't know how to answer.

"Well, tell me, I'm waiting" Andy tried to encourage him.

"It's... it's complicated" He looked down at his hands, he knew, if he told her, that it was Ross, Andy would start to hate him again, after she told him to stop sleeping with the chief.

"How complicated can it be, it's only a name?" Andy had her suspicions, ever since Maya had told her that she suspected that Ross and Robert slept together, aredating or whatever they have going , but she had no proof. Also she wondered maybe this was the reason why the chief didn't make Robert interim captain and why Robert looked mad when Ruiz was given the place. Andy had a feeling that the reason why Robert acted the way he did was because of Ross, but she wasn't sure.

"Eee I... it's... it's Ross" Robert said lifting his head to meet Andy's eyes, but feeling scared of her reaction.

But when he looked at her, he didn't get the reaction he was waiting for, he thought she would be furious and shout, punch him or even just huff in disappointment and storm off. But no, he was only met with laughter, Robert looked at her in shock.

Andy said, amusement evident in her voice "Why are you looking at me like that, you weren't waiting for this kind of reaction, were you?"

"Definitely not, I thought you'd be mad, hit me or run away."

"Yeah, that's what I usually do, but the reason why I'm laughing is that it's just that, if I didn't laugh at this situation I would curse you in Spanish and mumble something inappropriate, but I don't want to do that, so I'm laughing it off. Also I told you to stop and I was right! Plus, your reaction was funny, you should see your face. But please, please tell me you will stop seeing her, because you look miserable and I don't want to see you hurt." Andy said the last part concerned voice.

Robert nodded "Yeah, I told her I can't handle it anymore, be with someone who isn't 100% in it and cares more about herself and how her actions affects the person and their feelings. Keeping secrets, sneaking around and the lying, especially to you, I didn't want to do that and I'm sorry." Not wanting to know what her response to the next thing would be, he added carefully "But I also kinda skipped couple of my NA meetings. But now I will start prioritizing myself again, I promise"

Andy only shook her head, she was disappointed him, but glad that he ended things.

Robert asked cautiously "So you're not mad?"

Andy wasn't quite sure how to answered "No, well yes I'm mad, a little hurt even, that you didn't trust me enough to tell what was going on before and lied to me about it and that you didn't listen to me when I told you to stop! But I understand why you didn't want to tell anyone."

Robert sighted in relief, he didn't want Andy to hate him and be iced out again "I'm glad that you won't give me a hard time about this and thank you for understanding. Are we ok then?"

Andy thought for a moment "I'm not mad, about you having a secret relationship, but I'm really furious that you skipped your meetings and risked with your sobriety. Robert, you can't do that!!" Andy shouted and punched him, she cared for Robert, it didn't matter they were divorced, she still cared. "You have worked so hard to be where you are and risk all that for someone who made you lie and keep secrets. Robert you are better than that and you deserve better. So I'm angry about this, I might shout at you more, hit you and give you a cold shoulder for couple of days, but I will not stop being there for you, because it seems like you need someone to keep an eye on you. I worry about you and I'll be there for you whatever you need, someone to talk to or just keep you company, even drag you to meetings to keep you on track. So I'll be a friend for you."

Robert smiled, he really did miss their friendship "A friend, hmm?" But he was glad to have someone who cared about him, like Andy does.

Andy simply gave him a look 'you know what I mean', they both know that they are and always mean more to each other that just friends.

~~~

Sorry for any typos, hope you enjoyed it and have a wonderful day!