2. The Red Death

Hiccups POV

Now that Astrid has Stormfly we can kill the Red Death it controls dragons to raid and if they don't bring back enough food they will be eaten themselves and this has to change. On the flight there we flew through the thick fog and nearly crashed into every rock in sight but the dragons dodged them we finally landed on the island And it was quiet and erie we walked around the island until we heard an ear piercing shreik and dragons flew out of the mountain like a typhoon. We hid under the wings of our dragons until they all flew away, I said to Astrid "we need to draw the dragon out of the mountain and I think I know how" I ran up to Toothless and he prepelled up into the air we dove over and dive bombed the mountain. I jumped down next to Astrid and said "I think that did it."

A dragon burst out the mountain and roared it had 6 eyes and was as big as a mountain no the size of an island. We rushed to our dragons and flew up and started firing if I'm being honest we had no plan. The dragon started to breath in ready to fire and Astrid started to get sucked into the mouth of the dragon but me and Toothless dive bombed into its mouth and she was safe but she fell off her dragon so we flew down to grab her I leaned over and said "did you get her" Toothless looked down and gave a gummy smile to Astrid and she smiled back. I put her down and we continued to fight the Red Death. By the time we had gotten close to it it's wing were up and it started to fly. "Okay bud let's go" we were avoiding the dragons fire until it eventually reached Toothless tail. We were struggling to stay in the air but I had a plan we waited until the dragons fire built up in its mouth then fired and it crashed into the ground and exploded. We were stuck in the flames and Toothless tail was gone and we flew up and crashed into the tail of the red death I fell into the flames and then I saw black.

Astrids POV

I looked around for Hiccup and Toothless and couldn't find them I panicked but then I saw Toothless who had opened his wings and Hiccup was lying there thank Thor he had a heart beat.

3 weeks later

Hiccups POV

I woke up and felt awful but even worse when Toothless jumped on my stomach. Then I heard Astrid yell "YOUR AWAKE!" "Yeah, wait is the red death" Astrid interrupted me and said "yes it is gone for good" I tried to get up but Astrid stopped me and pointed to my plfoot I looked at her confused and then looked under and saw that I had lost my leg. She looked at me sad. But then she helped me up and we started to find thing to replace my leg until I could build a new one. It's a big change but the first step in our new life.

Word count:533