THREE: ENDLESS TEASING

Why the hell does the elevator take so much time? 

Hongjoong was by now practically dying with how much anxiety he was having. With how hard he clenched the hem of his coat sleeve, his knuckles were white by now. And with how hard he side-glared Wrath from time to time, the other gladly threw it back to Hongjoong.

“You look like you are ready to throw something at me.” Wrath commented, rolling his eyes with an audible sigh. He was just as drenched, water molecules forming at the end of his gray coat and eventually dropping to the ground. 

“Because I want to.” Hongjoong’s answer was simple yet it cleared every doubt. He caught his hands back to prevent actually hitting Wrath. 

Silence took over the pair as the elevator candidly took its time to reach them to their destination. Hongjoong stared at the floor unintelligibly, his mind blacking out. He was sure his mouth formed a small pout as he fantasized absurd scenarios in his head. 

If I had chalk, I would draw cartoons on the floor.

Hongjoong subconsciously sneered to himself. That would be so much fun. Hongjoong would run out of the elevator, poking his tongue out at Wrath. He would flit in the rush hour until he couldn’t be identified. 

And if someone dares to yell at him, he would snap their head open. 

The agent let out another chortle, almost bursting into a fit of giggles. He tried to not praise himself for what he had thought. From the corner of his eyes, Hongjoong could spot Wrath staring at him with an amused look. 

Corners of his lips were lifted in a curve, one of the corners more lifted than the other. He leaned his body back and lifted his head up to stare at the ceiling. Hongjoong could never. With the elevator moving and causing mini heart attacks, Hongjoong would lose his senses.

Hongjoong was restless, he peered over the buttons. They had pressed the ‘up’ one and were not-so-patiently waiting for the highest floor where Eden waited for them. 

Up until now, Hongjoong could feel the floor beneath him whirring in anger as if a volcano was to erupt any moment. He felt those relentlessly severe gazes on him.

Hongjoong clenched his teeth, he couldn’t bear being in the same place as Wrath anymore. He couldn’t wait any longer and put Wrath under scrutiny. That is if Eden allows that. Hongjoong doubts he would. With how much confidence Wrath was speaking with, the agent refused to believe that Eden would let the new agent under Hongjoong’s control. 

Perhaps he would, who knows. But for good only. Possibly, Hongjoong is going to be the one to train the recruit. But judging from how he left Hongjoong all battered, he barely needs training. 

Grimacing at the harsh reminder, Hongjoong straightened his position. Yet, he felt like a boxer who had been pummeled inhumanly in the ring by his rival. No difference. Wrath was no different, he had beaten Hongjoong so good that the pain was making him dizzy. 

Before Hongjoong could dig in more and make himself fuzzy and actually try to kill Wrath, the door opened with a ding. Exhaling in relaxation at the interruption, Hongjoong made his way out. 

He didn’t care if Wrath ogled with himself behind him about how he had been drubbed so mercilessly. All he wanted was a hot cup of coffee and some research on his gathered information before he is knocked with another mission. 

“Hey, wait!" To his surprise, Wrath called for him. Hongjoong was slightly bent because his limbs were protesting at him to not stand straight. “Where are you going? I need to see Eden and research the collected info.” Wrath offered. He shot a quick apologetic glance at Hongjoong before pulling his hard expression back.