17

"Well, I definitely haven't missed coming down here." Anakin remarked sourly into his comm as he kicked a piece of trash out of his way. Lower Coruscant was one of his least favorite places, mostly because of the scum it attracted, but also because of just how much it reminded him of certain areas on Tatooine; if all of the industrialization was stripped away, he had a feeling they would be almost exactly the same.

"Stay focused." Obi-Wan replied into his own device. "She has to be here somewhere."

Both the 501st and 212th had been assigned to scour levels 4999 to 4950, with the 212th taking 4999 to 4976 while the 501st took 4975 to 4950. Anakin was currently on 4974, senses attuned for the padawan but not detecting her anywhere. "Any luck?"

"No." Obi-Wan admitted. "Cody reports that levels 4999 to 4979 are clear."

"Rex said the same about 4971 to 4950." Anakin scowled. "Where are they?"

"Between 4978 and 4971, apparently." Obi-Wan replied. "Where are you now?"

"4974, you?"

"4973."

Anakin sighed. "Alright, let's meet up and discuss a plan."

"I never thought I'd hear the day that you actually decided to make a plan of attack instead of throwing yourself in headfirst." His former master declared lightly. "I'll meet you up on your level."

The former padawan just scoffed. "Yes, Master."

He ended the communication, leaning back against the wall with a small sigh and examining the area around him with disdain. It was still early in the morning meaning the city hadn't truly woken up yet, which gave them the advantage of mostly empty streets. But the disadvantage was that with less people about came less eyewitnesses to ask, and Anakin had a feeling none of them were paying attention anyways.

Then, he felt it: a small spark. Anakin perked up and focused in on it, discovering Ahsoka's signature. She was on this level, he knew now, but where exactly? The Jedi began following the trail, lightsaber unhooked but hidden under his cloak. "Master." He called into his comm again. "She's here, I can feel her."

"Wait for me and we'll find her together."

Anakin heard a sharp and pained yell, one that sounded too familiar. He took off towards the sound, anger and concern fighting for dominance within him. Eventually he came upon a dead end, with only a large and rusted door in front of him. A wave of cold seeped through him, one he recognized immediately as the Dark Side of the Force. This was definitely the right place.

Another pained wail reached Anakin's ears from inside the building, and he shoved the door open angrily to see Krell electrocuting Ahsoka who was curled up feebly on the floor. He growled and ignited his lightsaber, rushing the former Jedi, when another presence revealed itself behind him and he quickly backed out of the way of a vicious swipe.

Once Anakin got his bearings, he saw both Count Dooku and Krell in front of him while Ahsoka laid unconscious on the floor behind them. His eyes darted from her to them, a vicious snarl on his face. I guess Ahsoka was right about Krell and Dooku being friends. He thought wryly.

"Well, if it isn't the young knight himself." Dooku twirled his saber with a smug smirk. "When I was told of your bond with Master Krell's padawan, I definitely didn't think you'd be naive enough to come searching for her on your own. It seems I simply continue to overestimate you."

For once, Anakin was glad of Dooku's poor opinion of him; if he truly believed Anakin was foolish enough to come alone, that meant Obi-Wan had the element of surprise. "You know me." He spat angrily. "Always a slow learner."