3

Ahsoka had only been at the Temple for about a week, yet she couldn't help but feel relieved once she and her master were called back into the Council chambers for a new assignment. Although she wasn't exactly looking forward to being away from the safety of multiple eyes watching, she was so antsy to go back out into the galaxy by the end of the week that she didn't mind much. Besides, Master Krell was much more forgiving and instructive at the Temple, and Ahsoka dared to hope he'd remain that way after they'd left it.

The two entered into the chambers and bowed. "Greetings, Masters." Krell declared. "What can I do for you?"

We. Ahsoka corrected indignantly, but only in her mind. She didn't dare speak out loud against her master, especially in the presence of the other Council members.

"Master Krell, Padawan Tano." Mace Windu greeted in return. "We have recently recieved word that a Separatist presence is detected on the remote world of Algeroth, and our forces are spread thin enough that you are our only Jedi we can spare. However, the world has dangerous natives and undergrowth along with the Separatist threat, and will require two battalions. The only other Jedi we can spare is Skywalker, so he will accompany you to Algeroth."

Ahsoka's white brows rose. Skywalker? She hadn't seen him since that night they were both out training. A cluster of nerves bundled inside her gut; when they'd interacted he didn't seem too fond of her. Hopefully she could change that; she couldn't imagine being on a mission with not only one but two Jedi who despised her.

"I understand." Master Krell replied, a steely tone in his voice that wasn't there before and made Ahsoka shiver instinctively. She knew from his rants about how the Jedi were handling the war that Skywalker was likely one of his least favorite knights; apparently according to him the "boy" was "reckless, impulsive, too close to his clone troopers for his own good", and several other less than savory traits. But Ahsoka didn't think he was that bad. She didn't understand how people could become close to clone troopers since they were just soldiers, but whatever he wanted to do she didn't judge.

"You three will report to your assigned Venator and take your battalions with you." Master Windu nodded slightly, a cue for dismissal. The two Jedi bowed and exited the room, with Ahsoka walking behind her master with clasped hands.

Master Krell looked down at her. "Well Padawan, it appears we will have another guest along with us. Have you met Skywalker before?"

Ahsoka was about to say she'd met him the other night, but then remembered her failure inside the training room and shook her head promptly. "No, Master."

"He is an... Interesting man." Krell mused with a scowl, pulling out his comm. "Captain, gather our forces and meet me in hangar 2187."

"Yes Sir." The clone captain barked. Ahsoka hadn't bothered to learn their CT numbers; it was too much to ask and apparently unneeded. Besides, Master Krell simply called every clone by their rank, so Ahsoka did the same. Together the two walked down the hall and made their way towards the hangar.

===

Anakin stared up at the Venator, observing as the 501st packed up and boarded. Next to him, a clone captain wearing armor with blue highlights approached and saluted. "General Skywalker, our forces are almost ready to move out, Sir."

Anakin gave the captain a nod. "Thanks, Rex." He smiled lightly. Rex had been nothing but faithful and hard-working, and Anakin was thankful he had such a wonderful clone companion to fight alongside. The 501st in general was a great battalion, and Anakin had even gotten to know almost every clone's name despite only serving with the battalion for a few rotations. "Did you hear who we're going with?"