13

"Ahsoka Tano?" The healer questioned with a thoughtful frown. "She is Master Krell's padawan, correct?"

Anakin nodded. "That's right. Who took care of her when she was here last?"

The healer looked back down at her datapad displaying Ahsoka's information. "Her previous visit, or at the moment?"

The Jedi paused. "Wait, what?" He asked with a frown. "She's here now?"

"Yes, she was just admitted an hour ago."

Anakin's frown deepened. "What's wrong?"

"Her master carried her in unconscious and now she's being treated for an abdominal infection." The healer explained sadly. "Her previous wound didn't heal effectively and she ended up being too restless for her own good, tearing a bit of inflamed tissue which then became infected."

Something tells me she didn't want to be restless. Anakin thought grimly, a powerful surge of anger rising within him. "Thank you." He replied curtly. "But I still want to know who took care of her last time."

"Stass Allie, I believe."

"Can I talk to her?"

"Yes, I believe she is between patients at the moment."

"Alright. Where's Master Krell?"

"I'm not sure, he left almost as soon as he dropped her off."

Figures. Anakin thought angrily, walking past the healer and towards the main lobby area where Stass Allie sat with a datapad. The woman looked up, surprised to see Anakin approaching her. "General Skywalker." She greeted, setting the datapad aside and standing up. "What can I do for you?"

"Master Allie." Anakin greeted as well, subduing the anger in his tone with some difficulty; she wasn't who it was directed towards and therefore didn't deserve it. "Did you take care of Ahsoka Tano when she was first admitted after we returned from Algeroth?"

"Yes, I did." She frowned in concern. "I heard that she was back today; I told her master he should never have released her so soon after such a gruesome injury."

Anakin's brows raised slightly. "So you can confirm that Master Krell released Ahsoka before she should have been ready?"

Master Allie nodded. "Yes, of course. No wonder she has such a nasty abdonimal infection; she wasn't fully healed yet! And now because of her master, her life is in even more danger than before!"

The healer took a deep breath to compose herself and looked up at Anakin hesitantly. "My apologies, my temper got the better of me. What is it exactly that you are inquiring about?"

After a few moments Anakin looked around, making sure they weren't within earshot of any prying listeners, and leaned in. "I believe there is substantial evidence that Master Krell is abusing his title over his padawan."

Master Allie's eyes went wide, the seriousness of the accusation not lost on her. "Oh, Force. That poor child. Is there anything I can do to help?"

The ferocity and determination in her voice took Anakin aback; he thought it would have been more difficult to persuade her. But, as he'd learned earlier with his old master, maybe turning Jedi against Master Krell wouldn't be as difficult as he'd thought. "Er, yes, of course. Any documents, legal evidence, anything solid to prove that he is not treating his padawan well."

"I'll get right on it." Master Allie paused and looked up at him. "I'm not usually one to pry, Skywalker, but I'm curious as to why you are so invested. I know you two were both injured on Algeroth, but I wasn't aware you were so close."