Words Left Unsaid

Depuis le début

I perk up, excited. I honestly expected her to tell me no.

"Give me a few days, we'll go get you one." She smiles.

"Yes!" I pump my fists in the air very excited, celebrating.

She laughs at me and I feel put at ease. I don't know why I was dreading this, and I'm glad I can finally get on with my life. Back to normal, like it never even happened.
I quickly finish my food and run upstairs, restless. I feel as though I should just finish this while I'm at it, get it over with and never think about it again.

I have to talk to Stan.

I stop in my tracks as I get in my room, and the thought actually passes through me.

I have to talk to Stan.

I hold my breath for a second, running my hands through my hair.
Im scared, why and I scared? He's my friend. I've talked to him hundreds of times before. I guess this is different, now that's we've— kissed.

I groan into my hands, I hate this.

I don't really know what I want out of this conversation, I guess I want to tell him I'm not mad. That I understand why he did it, and honestly I'm grateful for it.

What?
No- I'm not grateful he kissed me. I mean, I'm greatly for... the outcome?

This is exactly why I have to talk to him, get it out of my system. Clear up everything and never think about it again. Never think about him like that again.

Dammit.
                  ______________________

~~~~
Stan sits in his room, dark and brooding. He's angry, annoyed at his friends, mad at himself. Guilty but also insanely worried.

"If I could just, ask her.." He thinks.

But ask her what, if she thinks about it? If she liked it? No, he can't do that. Funny how something so simple, something that flashed through his brain so small, an idea could ruin everything. But everything's not ruined, it just feels that way. Maybe he doesn't have to foresight for that right now, maybe he never will.

The knock on the door takes him out of his thoughts. He grumbles and turns over in bed.

"Who the fuck could that be?" The thoughts don't even get to fully marinate in his brain before he's interrupted by his own father.

"Stan, there's a girl here for you!" His dad yells from down the hall.

"Oh shit!"

He sits up in his bed, so fast it gives him a headache. He flashes out of bed and looks around, Stan decides it look presentable enough in his room— though it could definitely be better. He kicks some beer cans under his bed and runs to the front of his house.

She's here, in his house— for the first time ever and meeting his parents. She talks to his mother, smiling and laughing and he feels his heart pound in his throat. She notices him and turns her full attention to him, still proudly wearing a smile that kills. It falters ever so slightly as she looks over him.

"Shit". The pair think in unison.

"Hey." She waves to him.

"Hey."

In a different timeline, they would smile at each other for real, maybe even embrace as they laugh and talk together about anything and everything. He would introduce her to his parents and maybe cringe a little at them all the same. But today, things were different. The elephant in the room stands so large it obstructs their view.