I Would Love You Forever

I sit down at a desk near the back corner of the classroom with Stan next to me.
Mr. Garrison stands up from his desk, and greets the class getting groans in response as he tells them winter break is officially over.

"In other news", he looks over to me "we have a new student with us this morning. Would you like to stand up, and tell us a bit about yourself?" He questions me.

I decide I don't really have a choice, as he motions me to the front of the classroom.

"Hello, I just moved here a couple weeks ago". I say and, I tell them my name introducing myself. I don't really know what else to say.

"We're excited to have you Ms." Mr. Garrison tells me.

I look over the class and they're just starting at me, so I decide it's time for me to sit down. As I start to move a voice calls to me and I look over to see a smart looking girl in a pink hat waving at me. She's sitting a couple seats in front of Stan and I see an empty seat next to her. She brushes her long black hair as I sit beside her.

Mr. Garrison continues his lesson for the day as she speaks to me.

"Hi, I'm Wendy!" She whispers to me in a very sweet tone.

"Over there, that's Bebe, and Red. It's nice to meet you!"

I wave at the girls and greet them.

"Todays your first day?" She asks me. And I nod at her.

"Let me show you around"! She tells me, "you can meet all the girls!"

"Sure!" I whisper excitedly to her, smiling. "I'll let Stan know"-

"Stan?"

"Oh, yeah. Him over there in the brown". I point to him and wave, he doesn't wave back though.

"No, I know who he is". She says as her tone shifts ever so slightly. "Are you guys— like— friends"? She asks me, but I feel as though she threatened me with her question.

"Yeah— we meet a while ago— he was gonna show me around with the boys"-

"The boys?" She cuts me off, almost flabbergasted like.

"Yeah.. like, Kenny, Kyle, Cartman?" I raise my brow at her.

"Oh! you guys are friends". She says more to herself, repeating what I already told her.

"And you and Stan... are you like, together?" She asks me, bitterly like I've offended her.

"W-what?" My face turns red as I stutter out a response. "N-no way!"

She looks relived and her tone reappears.

"Oh! Okay I just saw you guys holding hands and..." she trails off. "Okay cool! Me and the girls will meet you at lunch! By the way— your so pretty". She tells me.

I don't know how to respond, her tone is happy and cheerful like before, but something nags at my insides when she speaks. I decide to ignore it.

"Thank you! Wow. So are you! I love your long hair."

She giggles with me and brushes it with her fingers again.

We say our goodbyes for now, and I sit back with Stan. I'm not so sure how to feel about that interaction and it shows on my face.

"What'd she say?" Stan whispers to me, breaking my trance.

"Oh— um, she said I'm pretty". I tell him, deciding I'll talk about it with him later.

He hums suspiciously but looks forward anyway.

The lesson continues until I hear the bell ring again.
Everyone gets up from their seats as Mr. Garrison desperately tries to keep their attention, yelling something about the homework he assigned. No one's really listening as they walk out the door talking between each other, and he sighs in defeat.