Chapter 12

L was watching Light in Dr. Asahi's office to see if the pain has worsened at least or if it's still the same. The younger Yagami held his hand, feeling tired as the appointment was making him this way. He then grimaced as the agony hit worse than it usually did and Dr. Asahi wrote down the diagnosis in his clipboard. It was the same, but slightly worsened. Light groaned, feeling like he was going to pass out as the feeling itself also made him feel sick. Like insanely ill. "Light, I'm going to check your heart rate again and then have you do a urine sample again." He told the younger Yagami this, checking his heartbeat. It was still strong, but not bad at least. Light then opened his eyes and took the cup from his hand.

"Alright..." He weakly said, walking to the bathroom without his wheelchair as the thing itself was hard for him to use some more and Dr. Asahi understood that, telling him that he at least used it for as long as he could.

"What's wrong with Light?" L asked, wanting to know what's happening to his best friend and boyfriend in the world right now. He was worried about him and rightfully so.

"The reason I asked for a urine sample was because how sick he definitely is looking. Especially with the fact that he's been in worse pain than ever, the feeling is going to get worse and continue as long as it'll be." Dr. Asahi explained, which wasn't the news he wanted to hear but he knew it was this serious and formed a line, knowing well this is serious.

"I understand. Is it okay if I check up on Light?" L asked and he nodded, pointing to the bathroom at the hall. The dark haired 17 year old went to there and knocked the door. "Light? Light, are you in there?" He asked him, wondering what's taking him long to get out. He then opened the door and found him shaking uncontrollably.

"L, help me!!!" He screamed, crying profusely as he was close to fainting. L held onto him and saw that he didn't fill the cup. He told him to close his eyes while he helps him with this. L wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty in some ways, but knowing how he picks things up a certain way, holding a cup and filling it up with urine was the last thing in his mind and he tried to relax.

"Alright, I got it." L told Light and he opened his eyes, clenching his stomach as he kept groaning, doubling over in pain some more. L laid his hand on his lower stomach side and he grimaced some more. He kissed Light and they left with the younger Yagami holding the cup.

"Sorry for taking forever." He apologized, handing it to Dr. Asahi. That same day, Light was laying down in the couch at the living room in his house. L was there, laying down as well, softly rubbing his stomach for him. Light was looking up, feeling tears in his eyes and groaned, feeling discomfort as he felt a cramp and laid his hand on the below part of his belt line, making some kind of noise in agony. He then passed out and fell asleep and was breathing heavily a lot. L had to make sure if he was okay and placed his ear next to his lower stomach, rubbing it. It was then Sachiko came back and saw Light already sleeping.

"Sachiko, I'm curious to know if we can simply order a brace for Light. It's possible it could help him and I've been thinking about this for a bit. What do you say?" L asked her and she agreed to it.

"I definitely think we can arrange that agreement." She smiled and he smiled back, knowing this will be best for Light and kissed his forehead. That same day, L was on eBay and made his order, smiling at himself. He called Watari and no answer appeared. He thought to himself that this was strange as he never forgets a call from him ever. He called again and still no answer. Soichiro came home at 7 and was looking upset.

"Soichiro, is everything okay?" Sachiko said as she saw him with tears in his eyes. He held her hand and took her to the front of the house.

"Watari has died. I told the Task Force goodnight, including him but he didn't respond. He had his head down, unconscious and I checked his pulse and breathing. He's really dead, Sachiko." He sobbed, hugging her as she was shocked to hear this and started crying as well.