Chapter 4

It is now Friday and Light didn't have any plans as he was grounded yesterday basically. Yesterday, he found himself very upset and still confused by his sexuality. He also started crying again, feeling this confusion to be too much for him to handle as he had dreams about him and L as a couple. He still hasn't told his family about how he feels about him as he knows what'll happen if he did so. He then went out and was told to be back in three hours. He walked around and as he did so, someone was spying on him. He didn't know who it was, but it couldn't be Ryuk obviously. He then turned around and got terrified by the person next to him.

"I am so sorry! Are you okay?" The girl apologized and then asked him, seeing that he's in the ground and slowly got himself back up.

"Yeah." Light answered, making sure the pain isn't worse than it is now. He groaned, feeling it hurting a lot but not from the fall itself.

"Let's sit and talk. You'll feel better this way." The blonde girl said, trying to help him with a smile on her face. "My name is Misa Amane, but everyone calls me Misa Misa." She smiled, revealing the fact she's a model and actress too. Well, upcoming actress. But the model part is true.

"Nice to meet you, Misa." Light said, introducing himself. She seems very nice and very bubbly, which is really nice in a woman. "So, how old are you?" He asked her, seeing she's probably 13, based on her short height.

"I'm 17, but I'll be 18 on the 25th." She answered, which made him laugh as he thought she definitely looks and acts younger than a 17 year old.

"Same here. Except I was born on January." Light told Misa this. They continued talking for 15 minutes and learned about each other already. Misa is a student at an all girls school and is planning on getting her GED early as she's been busy with modeling and doesn't have the time for school fully. She also has to take care of herself as her parents have been killed by Kira, which deeply upset Light as he knew she shouldn't be going through something like this so young. It's now 2 hours since he went out and had to leave early now.

"Misa, it was nice talking to you but I have to go now. I'll keep in contact with you." He said, handing her a piece of paper as he wrote down his phone number. She smiled more and accepted it.

"Nice knowing you, Light!" She said as she placed his number in her purse. They went their separate ways and Misa smiled even more, but sinisterly as she revealed her Shinigami eyes. Meaning she's the second Kira. Once Light made it back home, he unlocked the door and opened it and went to his room immediately, going to read a book for his book report. He groaned as the pain in his stomach hurt some more.

"Ow..." He grimaced, feeling it still painful. He checked to see if his stitches were still intact and they were. He started breathing heavily as he felt the pain still agonizing and nauseating. He went to the bathroom and vomited there for 19 minutes and when he finished, he wiped his mouth and went to find a breath mint. There was none, other than mouthwash so he used it and spit it out. He looked at his reflection and ugly sobbed.

Why me? Why did this have to happen? He said to himself, feeling horrible for the fact this constant pain will never go away and he will never recover from it ever. He had those words his doctor told him, on how he will be having this pain in his stomach for the rest of his life and it's irreversible. Just then, Sachiko came home and he went to greet her.

"Light, when did you get here?" She asked, surprised to see him.

"About a few minutes ago." He answered and then told her he met a girl. She nearly dropped the groceries as she's never heard him say this before.

"Light, I am so happy for you! You know what, you should bring her over in fact. Wait until your father gets home!" She smiled, knowing this is the best thing that's ever happened. Light knew she was going to bring this up to Sayu as well. He went to help her with lunch and didn't say much. "Light, are you okay? You haven't said anything since you mentioned your girlfriend." Sachiko said and he got annoyed by that remark about Misa being his girlfriend.

"She's my friend." He responded, gritting his teeth and clutched his stomach hard and moaned. He went to his room and decided to take a nap as he was tired. When Light woke up, he saw his desk full of schoolwork and decided to do it later. He went for his parents offer to doing it any time this week. During lunch, it was quiet as there was really nothing to talk about.

"Sayu, can you pass the eel?" Light said, offering another one as he was really hungry for one. The fact that he actually likes it is quite amusing since Sayu isn't a fan of them. Sachiko doesn't like them either but Soichiro loves them. Light got that from him as well as a few other things. He then checked his watch and continued eating. After lunch, he went to his room and went to his phone and received a voicemail from L. His heart started thumping and he answered it.

"Hi, Light. I just wanted to let you know that the Task Force is having a party and I'm asking you to join me. Thanks!" He said with enthusiasm and Light smiled, blushing deeply as he knew this was going to be their first date. Well, not necessarily. Still, he went to see if he has a suit for the party. He found it and screamed of happiness, knowing this will be the best day ever. He then remembered that he might not be in the event itself for long or not allowed in general. Regardless, he wanted to at least be there as this was his first date with L.