Chapter 9

L was still in his coma as it's been 6 weeks since he fell from headquarters. Another detective started asking questions to the Task Force and then to Light, who refused to answer him as he was too traumatized to even speak on the accident and groaned in pain, feeling it being extremely agonizing. He then went to the sofa and laid down there, resting his eyes out while also being in agony. The news broadcasted L, by calling him Ryuzaki for safety measures and Watari turned the TV off, knowing this is too much to deal with.

"Light, how are you feeling?" Ide asked him and he opened his eyes, looking at him with tired eyes. He was looking so tired and sleep deprived that he couldn't even properly sleep these past few days without thinking L was going to forget who he was and everything in their friendship. They never even began a relationship and if they end up not doing so, Light will be in the most fragile state he's ever been in. "Light, I'm asking if you're okay." Ide repeated, trying to get the younger Yagami's attention. Light didn't answer him as he was spacing out and felt some more pain, agonizing over and over again.

"Chief, I don't think Light is okay. In fact, I really don't understand how did a simple amount of stress really got to him like this." Aizawa noted, pointing out how there really was no way Light had this much of a serious pain that it's basically making him crippled almost.

"I don't understand either, but we can't let this be spoken about. I don't feel like it would help any problems whatsoever." Soichiro said, taking his glasses off as he was too upset about L. Watari was deeply saddened the most as he's never had to deal with one of the children at the orphanage back in England to be in a coma from an accident of all kinds.

"I spoke to Roger to inform the children at the orphanage about L. They all said they wish for him to be okay and for him to not have severe memory loss." Watari told the Task Force this, putting his phone down.

"At least they still love and respect him." Mogi commented. Matsuda didn't say anything as he felt like he should've been the one up in the roof and not L. He then went to the bathroom and started crying there for as long as he could and when he stopped, he forced himself to remain dry eyed so he doesn't get made fun of for his crying as he was told men don't cry and only women do. As Matsuda was walking back to the main room, he saw Misa.

"Hi, Misa." He greeted her and she smiled with a sinister grin on her face and she told him about L and how she was going to kill him and then erased his name from the Death Note, using a Death Eraser. He still made it to the floor on impact, fracturing some of his skull, a few of his ribs and broke his arm and ankle.

"So now you know, Matsuda. It was the best plan I've ever done and I can't wait to have Light as my boyfriend forever and ever." She smiled, holding the Death Note out and was about to write his name down and a gun pointed to her forehead.

"Put down the book down and we will settle this like adults!!!" He shouted, which alarmed the Task Force as they heard his shouting. Light was still in the sofa, laying down as he was sleeping peacefully and Soichiro was there, watching him like this as he saw that he was too much in pain.

"Light, I'm going to get you to Dr. Asahi's office right away. You'll be okay, son. Just relax." He quietly said to him and Light slowly got up, his eyes closed and his hand was around Soichiro's shoulder as they both left the building. Meanwhile with the Task Force, Matsuda put his gun down and started screaming at Misa, telling her she will be arrested for usage of the Death Note and murdering a bunch of people, both criminals and innocent people.

"Fine, take me to prison! Why do I care!" She yelled and with that being said, she had handcuffs behind her back. Rem saw this and so did Ryuk, who happened to be eating pebbles, the Shinigami equivalent to popcorn. He then spit them out and realized they were tasteless and bland. Mogi placed Misa in the back of the car and drove away from headquarters.

"Matsuda, you did it. You actually arrested your first prisoner." Aizawa said, proud of the 25 year old for doing something like this.

"I did. But what do we do with this Death Note?" Matsuda said, picking it up and then saw Rem and Ryuk. He stood there in shock, falling to his knees. The rest of the Task Force looked at him in shock. Back to Light and Soichiro, they were in Dr. Asahi's office and Light was laying down, feeling pain in his stomach some more as he had it pushed on again, groaning at it again and it was horribly painful than ever.

"Chief Yagami, you did say Light was having trouble walking, correct?" He said, noticing that it's likely Light could barely walk because of how badly he's in pain and it was making it hard to completely walk without a burning feeling happen.

"Yes? He's not paralyzed at least, right?" Soichiro answered, then felt himself getting more worried about his son if his inability to walk could be from the pain or simply from trauma itself from L's accident.

"He's not, but don't take my word for it. He could either use a walker or a wheelchair. One of those." Dr. Asahi said, assuring the older Yagami it'll be alright. Soichiro decided maybe it was best to have Light in a wheelchair instead, despite it going to make hard and difficult to go some places, but it's likely it could help him with going out more often and in longer hours. That's what he thinks.

"I'd say he should use a wheelchair. But I know he won't like it." Soichiro sighed, taking his glasses off and cleaned the lenses as he was really that worried right now. He knew he could call Sachiko, but they've been separated for her behavior towards Light and refuse to even speak to one another since then. Sayu knows this is going on and has tried hard to insist to her that she should accept him for who he is, even if he's not her straight little boy. She refused to and said that God will have him in hell and that's a chance she will let him do.

"Light, I'm going to give you an injection on your neck. It'll make you feel calm but not pain free." Dr. Asahi said to Light and he immediately looked at the needle itself and then at his father.

"It's alright, son. Do you want to hold my hand like when you were little?" Soichiro asked him and he nodded, feeling his upper legs shaking. Light closed his eyes shut, as the needle was going through his neck and he was freaking out mentally. Once the injection was over, Light slowly got up and grimaced, feeling pain again, resting his hand on his stomach because of it, groaning from the agonizing feeling itself. That same day, Light was in a wheelchair and didn't say anything as he had no idea what to talk about.

"Light, I know this isn't your ideal way of getting around, but let me assure you, it'll probably help you go out longer and you'll be at least happy again." Soichiro said, trying to make conversation with him.

"Dad, I just don't understand why I need to be in a wheelchair. I'm not even paralyzed for shit's sake." He answered, trying not to say God's name in vain.

"I know, but Dr. Asahi suggested this or a walker. I thought the walker was too much for you to handle and will cause you to fall." He told him and he nodded, resting his hand on his stomach some more as it this point, it was going to never heal. Just then, Soichiro felt his phone ringing and went to answer it.

"Yagami speaking. What? Are you serious? Yeah, we'll be right there. Light, I'm going to take us to the hospital. Something happened to L." He told Light and he started crying uncontrollably.

"Dad, I'm scared. I don't want him to die. Not like this." He sobbed hysterically, feeling like this wasn't supposed to happen and if it did, it's his fault for going up on that damn roof during a rainstorm.

"Light, it's going to be okay. I know you love him and there's nothing wrong with you liking him in that way. I can see it in your eyes you do care about him and will protect him and yourself." He assured him and he nodded, crying harder. When they made it to the hospital L is at, Watari saw Light in his wheelchair and then hugged Soichiro, telling him how L had some kind of seizure and that while they tried to stop it, he was declared dead for a moment, but then was revived. Once again, he's still in a coma.

"I guess now is the time to tell your wife and daughter this because Ryuzaki is still in a coma and we really don't know when he will wake up." Watari sniffed, wiping his eyes.

"Alright." Soichiro answered, knowing very hard this is for him to doing so as speaking to Sachiko will make another argument happen.