Chapter 11

That same day, L started waking up and when he did, he saw Watari by his bedside and he hugged him, glad he is awake. L had no idea what happened other than his fall from the roof and was told he will be okay, just a mild(ish) concussion and a few other injuries but they'll heal on their own. "Oh, and L? Light saw you in the roof, hence why you fell. You tried to get him out of there and you slipped." Watari explained some more.

"That explains a lot, ow..." L said, feeling his ribs and head hurting a lot. His ankle was propped up and he fell asleep. That same day, Light wheeled himself to L's room and found him there sleeping. He held his hand and kissed his forehead.

"Hi, Light." L said as he woken up with a smile on his face and saw Light kissing his forehead. The younger Yagami saw him awake and was speechless. Not long after, his family showed up and were grateful that L is alive and he's okay. Light slowly went back to his wheelchair and Sachiko was glad he's okay too, then apologized for how she treated him and told him that if he's gay or not, he's always going to be her son and nothing will stop that.

"Thanks, Mom. I'm going to get myself a drink." He answered, wheeling away. Soichiro went with Light to the vending machine and saw him getting a can of decaffeinated coffee.

"Light, I know you don't want to talk to your mother, but she's doing her hardest best to make things better for our family and for you." He told him and he nodded, sipping his coffee. "Light, this is your third coffee today. You shouldn't be drinking it." He assured him.

"It's decaf." He answered, forcing a smile as he knew he was still in pain and the only way for it to kind of make it better is drink decaffeinated tea and coffee.

"Light, I'm not letting you be an insomniac maniac. You'll be worse to the point you could have serious pains."

"Dad, will you calm down already? It's not affecting them at all if it's simply decaffeinated and that's it. I just needed some boost."

"Alright. Just try to not drink too much coffee and that's it."

About several days later, L was discharged and when went to the Yagami household, he went upstairs and saw Light, who was in his old bedroom, laying down and finishing his homework as he will be graduating early from his class. L laid down and hugged Light, while he was on his laptop.

"Hi, Light. How's it going?" He asked, his forehead still in a gauze bandage. Light looked at him and blinked, feeling his face with his hand and then grimaced once again for the billionth time. "Light, how much caffeine have you been drinking?" L asked him, clearly concerned for him.

"Three but today was one. L, please for the love of god. Take my laptop, plug it in and leave it on my desk." He instructed and lifted his shirt up a bit, getting his blanket that is heated and started breathing heavily. L saw this and placed his head next to his lap. "L, I have to tell you something but this is something my family still doesn't know. I'm gay." Light said, staring at him with his voice shaking.

"Yes, I figured you are and I am very proud of you for telling me this. I know you were the first Kira, but I won't judge you for it because you don't want to be seen as him. So with that being said, Light Yagami, will you be my boyfriend?" He smiled and this made Light smile back, as they both kissed passionately with one another.

"Owwww..." Light moaned, feeling the pain in his stomach hitting him and moaned even more when it kept hurting.

"Light, I know this sounds stupid but I think you're better off with some kind of surgery to make the pain to reverse itself. I know you told me that it's irreversible, but we could look up if there are any places that fix that said pain." L told him and he sighed.

"You know how much that is? It's probably like a thousand yen technically." He told him, trying to get him to understand this.

"Yes, but it's probably not that bad if you're a foreigner. If something goes wrong, you'll at least thank yourself for letting me know about said places." He assured him and kissed the top of his head.

"I think it's best if we just skip all this and accept my condition. Otherwise–" He was saying, then got interrupted by a huge pain that lead to a cramping feeling and he nearly fell off the bed, being caught afterwards.

"You're okay, my sweet love." L told him, holding his hand and rubbed his belly softly. That same day, L and Light were watching the stars in the room, playing some music. Light fell asleep not long after, holding L's hand. He was glad the outcome of his family knowing he's gay isn't a problem and thanked L for being his boyfriend, even though they started being together. Just then, Sachiko showed up and went to get Light's laundry.

"L, I want to tell you how sorry I am for everything that's happened between us. You are indeed the best thing to my son and I never seen him happier than he ever was." She told him and noticed Light was still sleeping.

"He really means a lot to me." He told her and she nodded, noticing how happy he is, then left the room. L sung very quietly, knowing this will make Light very happy to hear and then kissed him some more, knowing this song will make him relaxed more so.

Alone she sleeps in the shirt of man
With my three wishes clutched in her hand
The first that she be spared the pain
That comes from a dark and laughing rain
When she finds love may it always stay true
This I beg for the second wish I made too
But wish no more
My life you can take
To have her please just one day wake
Alone she sleeps in the shirt of man
With my three wishes clutched in her hand
The first that she be spared the pain
That comes from a dark and laughing rain
When she finds love may it always stay true
This I beg for the second wish I made too
But wish no more
My life you can take
To have her please just one day wake