Chapter 8

Light doubled over in pain again one day as he felt it still hurting. He laid down and pulled out his phone, calling L. It was then he received an email from him and he checked his computer. The email said to leave him alone and don't talk to him. Light knew Sachiko did this. She's responsible for making him be with Misa still, despite her being abusive to him. Earlier today, she showed up and revealed several dresses she bought for her upcoming modeling shoot and asked Light what he thought of her in them. He didn't seem to have a preference or clue which one looked better so he told her they all look good, which made her scream at him and she gripped him the same way she did on dinner two days ago and told him to never see L again, seeing as he's just weird and strange to her.

"Light, are you okay, big brother?" Sayu asked, knocking his door and saw him doubling over in agony still. He barely could form a sentence or word and was panting a lot. She saw that he was close to vomiting again and rushed to get the bucket from the kitchen drawer by the sink. She got it and went back to Light's room and saw that he vomited.

"Won't stop..." He moaned, pointing to the vomit in the floor, while laying down on his left side with his eyes closed. Sayu knew this was bad and she went to clean up his vomit, handing him the bucket first and he accepted it. That same afternoon, Misa went to Sachiko and saw her cooking lunch.

"Mom, are you ever going to speak to Light again?" She said, trying to get her to doing so. It's been several days since she basically stopped talking to him and even looking at him.

"No. He's a sin in my eyes and I don't want anything to do with that lifestyle of his." She refused to even answer the question as Sayu sounds like Soichiro in it.

"You're so selfish for the idea of disowning him! Your son is in pain all the time and more so, knowing his mother is a raging homophobe towards him!" She screamed, arguing about it.

"Light is with Misa, end of story!" She argued as well, knowing this is getting too much to deal with. Light heard the whole argument and knew his life was pretty much over with. He left the house and went to headquarters. When he got there, he took the stairs to the roof and stayed there, knowing it'll rain soon. Meanwhile, the Task Force were talking about the second Kira and Watari showed up.

"Watari, what is it?" L said, looking at his adoptive father in concern.

"The security cameras showed someone wearing an oversized hoodie and I can't pinpoint exactly who it is, but from the way he was walking, I suspect it must've been Light." He told him and L went to see if it was Light or not. The rest of the Task Force were worried and deeply upset to why he is in headquarters and out in general, when he was supposed to be home and be resting.

"Light!!!" L shouted, looking for his best friend as he was lost somewhere in the building. He kept looking for him and immediately, he thought he could be in the roof. He went there and saw the skies all cloudy and rainy. "Light, what are you doing up in the roof?" L asked him, going to him closer.

"I don't even know what to do anymore. Misa and I aren't even working out. She keeps hurting me and refusing to let me even see you. My mom hates me and she also hates you. I have nobody to talk about this..." He said, his face crumbling and started crying as he stared into the city.

"Light, that's really awful. You need to come back inside before you–" L was about to say and then slipped from the roof and started falling from the building. Light was shocked to see this, covering his mouth and cried some more. He knew his best friend was going to die as there is no way he will make it alive. Just then, the Task Force saw L on the ground, laying unconscious.

"L!" Watari shouted, seeing him injured, possibly dead now. He checked for the teenager's pulse and he barely has one. "Someone call an ambulance!!!" He screamed, tears flowing from his eyes and Aizawa started doing so. At the hospital, a doctor there told Watari that L is in a coma for who knows how long it'll be and that if he does wake up, he will have some memory loss but not a lot. L was lucky to be alive as a fall from this high of a building could've killed him instantly. Watari thanked the doctor with tears and went to L's room, crying there.

"Sir, do you think it's possible Ryuzaki fell from the roof because of Kira?" Matsuda asked, tears from his eyes.

"Probably." He said, then looking at Light, who was crying hysterically. He went to him and quietly spoke to his son. "Light, why aren't you at home?" Soichiro asked him, seeing him out when he should be resting at least.

"I don't know what to do now. Ryuzaki fell because of me. Not only that, Mom hates me and Misa is hurting me." Light answered, sobbing harder. He then vomited horrendously, moaning as the pain was hurting.

"Light, I'm going to take you to the hotel I'm staying at. I told your mother and sister I'll be there for a while until things get better. You can stay with me." Soichiro offered and he nodded, going along with that. They got up and the older Yagami told the Task Force he'll see them again when everything gets better. As in when Sachiko stops being homophobic towards Light.

"Ow..." Light grimaced as he felt the pain in his stomach hurt continuously, feeling it agonizing again but insanely worsened from the way it kept hurting. Once they left the waiting room and the building period, Light whimpered and rested his hand on his stomach.

"It's okay, Light. I'm going to stop by at the house and get your clothes and important things." Soichiro assured him and he nodded weakly, falling asleep afterwards. Soichiro then thought about making a call to Dr. Asahi, Light's doctor if he could come by for a home visit and check up on him. He looked at Light for a quick second and then back at the road.