Chapter 2

"Light, it's been an hour. You need to go home now." L told him, waking him up. Watari was there too and Light opened his eyes. He slowly got up, cringing some more and L placed his hand on his forehead. He wasn't as feverish as last week but the agonizing feeling was still there and he couldn't control the pain itself. He, L and Watari exited of the room and went to the main room, whereas Light bid his farewells and then went back to the parking lot and went to a limousine, entering the inside of it. Light couldn't believe it.

"What do you think, Light?" Watari asked him, noticing how surprised he is to see the vehicle itself as he's never rode on one before.

"It's like being in a giant party bus." He answered, liking this ride so far. The whole day, Light was still in pain and as he was in his room, he couldn't stop thinking about L. During his nap in headquarters, he dreamt about him and knew this can't possibly be happening.

They just met today and all of a sudden, he's having feelings for him now? What is this? Light knew he had to act normal and be straight, rather than whatever he is. His family would be heartbroken to know he would end up gay, bisexual or pansexual. One of those three and it'll be even worse if he gets disowned by his father out of all people. He didn't want to deal with the yelling and tears that'll go on and he started crying. Meanwhile, Sachiko was doing laundry and she entered Light's room, not knowing he's under his pillow. She assumed he is sleeping, so she quietly took his laundry basket and left the room.

That same day, Light was finishing his assignments and homework, getting himself a snack as he wasn't super hungry today. He just didn't want to see his family due to him being confused by his sexuality. He knew they wouldn't understand as well. About a couple days later, Light was in his room some more still and Sachiko was talking on the phone with Soichiro. They were discussing about how Light has changed a lot and mostly cries more, even as far as in his sleep. She heard him cry in his sleep today and knew this had to do something with the pain.

"Sachiko, I think it's best if Light probably sees someone about it. Not a psychiatrist right now, but someone he can talk to about it." Soichiro commented, knowing maybe this would be best for their son to talk to him or their family about this.

"Perhaps L can help him." She suggested, which was actually not a bad idea. Given L being the world's greatest detective, this could work as he is good at asking questions but terrible at social skills. Which is a whole different ball park.

"Yeah. I'll ask him if he would like to see Light again after work." He smiled, knowing this will be a great idea for L to visit and to meet Sachiko and Sayu as well. The conversation ended and Sachiko went to see Light. She found him in the hall closet, sitting there and looking at old photos of him as a child. There was him with Sayu as a baby, holding her. At that time he was 3 and he was the happiest he ever was, knowing he was finally a big brother and knew he would be the best one out there. He made it his way to protect his baby sister from anything and the world itself. Even though he was a toddler, he had a sense of hope and life ahead of him, including one thing: justice.

"You were such a sweet boy and still are." Sachiko said and he looked at her. Slowly, Light got up and didn't say anything that he could be regretting. He then put the photo album back in the shelf and closed the closet door, walking downstairs and sat in the couch. He was told he can sit for as long as 45 minutes and then lay down right after. Sachiko cleared her throat, sitting next to him and started talking. "Light, while you were taking a nap, I heard you crying. Is everything okay?" She asked her son, who didn't say anything.

"I understand the pain is making you feel this way, but you can't do so. It's not healthy for you to be depressed about it." She told him, confronting him as he didn't speak still until he finally did so.