11

Heavily Edited 03/06/2023Majorly Edited 03/02/2024

Majorly Edited 03/02/2024

"From today on, we have some new friends. New-comers "Cadence", "Black" and "Smile"!"

"Now I'll take you on a quick tour of the backstage area, follow me." Joker gestured towards the exit with his cane. We followed Joker outside as he pointed around the tents with his cane, "First, these're the tents you guys'll sleep in. It's where the backstage workers an' newcomers--the "second tier" members-- live." He let us have a look into the tent, and despite my reaction not being as bad as Ciel's, it was the smell of this particular tent that bothered me more than anything else at the moment. Sweat an- ugh I can't even explain without gagging. "'Bout two or three people share a room"

"A room huh..?" I could feel Ciel shift next to me as he hummed in agreement.

Joker then pointed at the tents opposite, "An' that's the mess hall and the store room.S'an important job of the new recruits to provide the grub, so good luck!" then pointed to another tent, "The centre one in this area's the first aid tent. An'...
The most central one's the main cant's private tent."
I watched as Sebastian's eyes narrowed.

"Private?" I asked,

"S'a private room you get if you're real good." He turned to us before turning back again, this time pointing at one specific tent, "Ah. an' that's Snake's tent, so stay away from it for your own good. There're a buncha poisonous snakes roaming free, so if you get bit even once, you're off to the underworld" The three of us shared a look "Snake an' his friends're still shy, y'know? Careful of their poison, you three."

As we finally started to walk back I let out a yawn before we suddenly stopped, "...By the way. What happened to your right eye, Smile?" I could feel Sebastian's glance at me as I stepped past him, 

"Eh? Ah..this is..."

I put a hand on his shoulder, the other patting his head, "An accident long ago, wasn't it, Smile?" Before he could reply Joker interrupted instead, 

"Is that so? So young, but you've been through a lot." His bone prosthesis caressed the side of Ciel's face before he cracked a smile and began to chuckle, I moved back next to Sebastian as he looked at me suspiciously.

I simply tilted my head up and smiled as he just sighed, yet we were both behind Joker and Ciel in front. "So, what do you think?"

He raised a brow, "Think of what?"

"The children, I feel like they're hiding the kids elsewhere," While Sebastian was looking away, I managed to open a small void above me and dropped a chocolate eclair.

He turned back around and looked at me, "Why do you- where did you get that.." He seemed genuinely confused, which knowing that he's supposed to be some sort of demonic being, it was pretty funny.

"What do you mean? I had this on me the entire time" I smiled as I ate my eclair, finding Sebastian's confused expression highly amusing.

"New people practice over an' over here." My eyes scanned the large tent, being caught by a shiny, ridiculous yellow suit "Aiming at making their debut in a real public performance" It was truly impressive to see all the effort going into their acts despite it being a practice. Joker turned to Ciel again, smiling at me and Sebastian's appearances once more, "Work on the basics first. Warm up carefully and..."

"Joker!" Beast appeared from the other side, calling over Joker for his performance, Joker nodded and started walking towards Beast, before leaving he turned around, "Go ahead an' go all out, you three!" As Joker turned around I could see the glare the woman next to him was giving Sebastian.