4

Rewritten 01/08/2023

"▮▮▮▮" I spoke, his name passed through my lips with apathy. 

"Be more excited, my dear." He smiled but that soon faded as the end of my gun came into his view, aligning perfectly with his forehead despite such a length away. 

"I'm afraid that not everyone here will make it out alive, dear." 

"Then let's make haste, dear." With a shot of my gun, I quickly moved out of the way avoiding his slash, A crooked smirk crept onto my face as the thrill of the battle started to hit me. As his attention was now on me the rest seemed to get the idea as they all started coming at him from all sides, Quickly enough, I-

"Now may I ask what are you all doing on the floor?" A deep yet elegant voice questioned the three people on the floor, seemingly frantically searching for something, 

"Oh, Sebastian!!" A feminine voice cried "I was counting the cutlery and china yes I was! And there's a missing cup and teaspoon!!" the woman in a maid's dress cried, 

The man stood before her and sighed, "Mey-rin...are you sure it's not your glasses again?"

A younger boy's voice perked up, "No!! Me an' Baldroy counted em' as well!! There's a missing cup and teaspoon, Sebastian!!" a blond boy exclaimed, still on the floor,

"Well, Finny...how peculiar," Sebastian put a hand on his chin, "I'll make sure to go out later in the day to buy some from the original dealers, but perhaps you can get Agni to help look with you all while he is still here" he heaved a sigh as he reached into his pocket to pull out his pocket watch, only for it not to be there. He froze momentarily before patting himself down entirely, the three paused their searching to look at Sebastian, they had never seen him this confused before.

"Sebastian? Everythin' alright?" Baldroy asked, scratching the back of his head.

"My pocket watch..." Sebastian's face held a perplexed expression. He rushed out of the kitchen, towards his quarters.

"What's up with him?" Baldroy asked again, taking the cigarette out from his lips, Mey-rin and Finny shrugged, just as confused as he was but eventually continued with their search.

The man trashed his entire room out, where on earth could that pocket watch be? The butler distinctly remembers having it just a few hours ago. He sighed, rubbing his temples, he was supposed to be the perfect butler, how could he lose a pocket watch?