7

Edited 01/08/2023Majorly Edited 03/02/2024

Edited 01/08/2023
Majorly Edited 03/02/2024

I anxiously tapped against the arm of the chair I was seated in. Well, looking at the envelope in my hand, the royal crest on the wax seal made me anxious. The clink of fine china was heard as Ash set down some tea, 
"Nervous, I can tell...I'm sure she'll accept you...not like I played any part in her decision making of course," he chuckled. 

I looked up at Ash from my seated position, his hair was messier, longer and slightly darker- a light grey, than the one I knew, and his eyes were a light blue instead of a light purple, his attire was primarily noticeable as well. It was more...noble than one of a butler's but I suppose I couldn't complain, he looked quite nice. And his pendant was oddly enough an eye. In blue, it reminded me of those things I'd seen of biblically accurate angels, overall, I'd say an improvement.

"mhm...I'm sure you had no part whatsoever in her decision-making..." I sipped on the tea that had poured for me as he took a seat opposite me in the other chair both across from the fireplace. I smirked upon opening the envelope and reading its contents

----

"Finally after those long few days, this business is put into place, The Queen has accepted my requests to start a business despite not knowing who I am, isn't that odd, Ash?"

I had also gotten used to Ash as my butler, the same goes for him as he found me as his new master.

"Odd indeed." He chuckled yet we both knew full well Ash pulled some strings in order to get me accepted without anyone interrogating me about who I was or where I came from.

"Well, I think it should be time to get to work- and look at that! Our first customer!" I smiled over to the door as the bell rang, we had spent a few hours setting up and for the antiques...Ash found it quite odd...It was basically me robbing people but he didn't stop me, he was an angel sure but he had fallen. He's not that obsessed with purity, unlike the other one, we had a little talk of course.

He surprisingly looked over to the door, behind the counter we were at. The man seemed quite wealthy, countless shining rings glimmered on his fingers, and his dark and palatial clothing, along with his serious expression, showed that he had a goal.

"You're in luck, my good sir! You're our first customer, see anything that catches your eye?" I cringed to myself as I had to talk, It's fine (Name)...you're used to talking to customers remember? Barista and all that???

He sent me and Ash a harsh glare before his eyes wandered around the newly made shop again, causing me and my butler to sweatdrop and look at each other in nervousness.

He was quiet for a few more minutes, still scanning to find whatever he wanted until his eyes landed on a porcelain doll, I'll admit it was quite rare, but neither I nor Ash has seen a grown- sixty, perhaps- year old man act so...childish towards a doll. 

He picked the doll in its box off its shelf and with the most caution I've seen anyone have, placed it on the counter with sparks in his eyes,

I gave Ash an awkward look before, standing up off my chair and taking a sip out of my glass of water, "Well, sir. That will be-"

"Please take it!" The man slammed a large bag of coins down on the counter, almost making me spit out my drink.
"Ah- well sir, I'm afraid this is far too much," I awkwardly chuckle as Ash nods his head confirming me.

"You do not understand!" The man practically leapt over to the counter as he took my hands in his, "Please, all this money is worth my long years of wait for this item, it is the final piece to my collection!!" It's stolen.

With that, the man hugged the boxed doll and ran out of the shop, leaving a confused angel and saleswoman.

I took a peak inside the bag and indeed it was filled to the brim with coins and shillings. I smirked and sat back down on the chair, looking over to a very flabbergasted Ash,

"Well, see? first sell and it's already a success!"

"I suppose so, but I don't think the ways you are getting these antiques are very ethical-"
"Shush shush- they don't know that," I winked, taking another sip of my water as Ash gave me a deadpan look.

"I'm not going to succeed in having no money, this will give me a wonderful advantage!" I open my arms out, expressing my newly achieved succession,

I then grabbed the bag of coins and handed them to Ash, "Could you count them for me? this looks like a lot," 

He chuckled, "Oh...this is, quite a lot..." I raise a brow, signalling for him to continue. "What if I said, it was enough to open another branch?"

"No way all that is in that pouch..." I jabbed my finger at the measly pouch that contained a shit ton of coins, "The guy must've emptied his entire life savings to get that damned doll..." I deadpanned but my expression changed again and I swung my arms over Ash, somewhat hugging his neck

"Oh, Ash! If we keep this up until the next week not only will we be rich but it will make so many things for us easier!!" I then paused for a moment, "and with the remaining, we can do something else with...how about we start a restaurant--no we'll build our own ship!" I became elated and started jumping around the room again, Ash chuckling in the background.

The sound of bells ringing again made me calm down a little bit, still, very excited.

"Ash, I thank you, This accelerates the process by a lot," 

The rest of the day went by like a breeze, and customers left happy and fulfilled.

Now. 7 pm, it was now closing time.

Ash was sat with bags of cash but seemed happy as was I, this, of course, was a great achievement since my arrival a few days ago...but despite all of this I can't help to think back to who I met almost a week ago, Ernest... God, I was looking forward to an Italian dinner as well!

As I walked over to the door of the shop to lock it, I noticed the weather outside getting a bit windy, I opened the door to get a better look at the weather before deciding that that was a bad idea. While closing the door, an envelope with a red stamp flew in and landed directly on the counter I was previously at. I locked the door and gave Ash a look of suspicion as he also saw the envelope fly in.

He picked it up before I could and glanced up at me before opening the envelope and reading it aloud, "Curious, These appear to be tickets to the travelling circus that's coming to London. The Noah's Ark circus I believe they call themselves,"

❝𝑳𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏! 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒑 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒖𝒑, 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕!
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒂𝒉'𝒔 𝑨𝒓𝒌 𝒄𝒊𝒓𝒄𝒖𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒏!
𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓, 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒑 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚!
 𝑮𝒆𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚...
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏!❞