Chapter 14: Brunch.

Start from the beginning

She's wearing a short Yellow sundress, barefoot, her golden hair straightened.

She gets to the bottom of the stairs and launches to me, wrapping her arms around my neck while I close mine around her waist.

She smells so fucking nice though.

"God, I thought you were gonna bail on me." She pulls away, looking relieved.

"We had a deal, Cassie, I would never." I stare at her everywhere.

"Cass, not Cassie." She corrects me.

"I think I prefer Cassie." I say.

I hear the door open behind me, Cass looks over my shoulder and scrunches her face in disgust.

I turn around, standing next to her.

My eyes land on a guy in a very expensive looking suit with a flashy smile and well combed blond hair. He has a tall, skinny, model looking brunette woman walking beside him and they look like they just jumped out of a spy movie.

"Cassandra." He eyes her in a rather disinterested manner.

"Wesley." She responds in the same tone, "Always a pleasure to see you." She forces a smile, clearly lying, he doesn't respond, he and his friend just march passed us and climb the stairs.

"Who's the asshole?" I whisper to her.

"That's my older brother Wesley, if you think he's an asshole then you should meet Luke." She links her arm through mine and leads me somewhere.

"This place makes me nervous, man, it's too fucking huge." I look around us as we go.

"This is nothing, we were once invited to a governor's house in Washington and I had to text Luke to come and find me when I went to the bathroom." She tells me as we walk through the glass doors to the backyard.

There's a table full of different kind of food placed bedside the kidney shaped pool and there are only two people sitting there, chatting and laughing.

Coincidentally, I know the two people.

"No fucking way." I half laugh as we approach the table.

Reign is the first one to notice us, she nudges Luke's shoulder, jutting her chin in our direction. He turns his head to look and... let's just say he's never liked me and I've never cared.

"What's up, motherfuckers." I pull the chair across them, sitting down and pulling Cass to sit on my lap cause I know that will piss him off a little bit more.

"Cass, what the fuck?" He ignores me completely, Cass shrugs her shoulders in response.

"Hi, Jace, you look taller." Reign smiles at me.

"And you still look fuckable even after getting a boyfriend." I say, winking at her. Luke glares at me. "Relax, man, geez, I got my princess right here." I kiss Cassandra's shoulder.

He rolls his eyes before standing up, walking around the table, grabbing his sister's arm and dragging her inside the house.

I'm guessing to lecture her about why she's going out with someone like me.

He needs to take a chill pill.

I move to sit where he was sitting next to Reign.

"Still got the pink hair, huh." I touch a strand of her hair.

"Jace, why are you here?" She asks with a sigh, knowing pretty well that my reason is fucking crazy.

Reign and I weren't all that close but we talked at times and our conversations were somewhat real compared to any conversation I had with my close friends. I liked rambling stuff to her and she liked listening.