I huff out of my bed, going directly towards the washroom to get myself freshed up. The wierd sleeping position has already effected my neck, might have a sprain. No sooner did I open the door when my phone chimes with notifications.

Sliding the screen I see five missed calls of him and few messages which involves greetings for the day. In the middle my phone goes off, as Reyansh number flashes. I slid the answer button, as declining was out of consideration. Don't want him to be right in front of my door just because I cancelled his call.

"You wake up?"

Not even a greeting. I scoff at his lack of mannerism.

"Yeah!"

"Hope you're good to go out. I've choose a place for our date."

I am sure, that he would be sitting on a chair with his fingers continuously tapping on either the desk or his thigh. A sign which indicates his nervousness. Which I's able to catch.

"Do I've a choice?"

"No. But it's better to not miss out the fun."

What has gotten in him. Instead of the usual strong dominating voice his tone is less down to estatic one, oozing with excitement.

"Okay. Pin me the time and venue."

"I'll pick you up."

"No need for that. My parents will take a doubt."

"As you wish love."

And he cut the phone.

I slam my phone on my bed, at once slamming myself thinking about, what just happened. I agreed on a date. My first ever date. At such moments I wished I'd a girlfriend so that I can share the wierd twist of my stomach.

"Kiraz come down."

I shriek back involuntarily at the loud message which mom is able to send even from down floor. I shout a coming before taking out the mangalsutra and keeping in my safe case. I huddled down the stairs hooking my arms on Shivam neck who also was descending the stair.

He flinch with my sudden action, instantly covering it with a straight face. I thin my eyebrow at him, questioning his look.

"How's your study going?" I ask.

"Good."

Hopping down the last few steps, he unhooks my arms and goes towards the entrance door, before shouting.

"Mom I'm going out."

Before Mom could reach he was out of the premise.

"What happened to him?"

I take a seat on dining table.

"Exams are coming so he is stressed out." She feigns letting out a sigh.

"How long will your internship last?"

Since yesterday she has been asking the same question repeatedly. And each time panic strike in me.

"There's time. Yeah there is."

She raise her eyebrow, beffuddling a puzzled look. I inhale a breath, initiating.

"I've recently joined there and it would take time." I gave her my best convincing look.

"By the way, at evening I'm going out. I'm going to meet my college friend."