Status is EVERYTHING ♡

Start from the beginning

"Fine, but I want you back by the return date, on the dot." the last part was added a little more darkly, but it didn't faze you.

"Of course, I'm never late anyways so you can count on me." You turned and walked towards the ship that would depart for Sumeru. After loading the last few items that were needed you said goodbye one last time before finally heading off.

The waves grew steady and the air became warmer the further you sailed from Snezhnaya. It smelled of ocean salt and all you could hear were the calls of seagulls ringing throughout the air. Sitting at a desk in your corridors below the deck, you studied some of the notes Dottore gave you. They were essential to this mission and you weren't going to fail.

"And what might you be up to?" Upon hearing a voice from the doorway you turned your head to the person only to be met with omega Dottore.

"Studying the notes that real you gave me" Seeing it was only him you turned back to the notes.

"Ouch, I'd like to say I'm just as real as he is", He says sternly. Rolling your eyes you reread the paper you were left on having lost your place. You were so focused on the information given to you that you overlooked a lightweight being placed on your back, only noticing when the furs from his coat brushed your neck. Shivering you whipped your head back around to be met with omega Dottore's chest. "Much like your real Dottore I hate being brushed off." His tone was dark and annoyed and you could feel his anger. You grew stiff for a few seconds before he turned back towards the door. "I'll be on the main deck." He left without another word. The more you thought about it the more you could see the resemblance. He hated being ignored much like Dottore. You guessed that because he was a clone you hadn't quite come to terms that he was exactly like him and more of an invention...this was gonna take some getting used to.

Several hours later you guys had finally docked. The fatui agents started to unload all the luggage and equipment while you and Omega Dottore made your way to the luxury hotel you'd be staying. Finally having a moment to sit down with omega Dottore you read him the most essential parts of the notes, only to find halfway through that he wasn't even listening.

"Are you kidding me?! This is important you have to listen to what I'm reading it's key to the mission!" You argued.

"You do know I already know this right? Your Dottore imported the information into my memory base." A tick mark grew on your head at his words. He didn't think to tell you this before?! Not even a day in and you already wanted him dead. He might be Dottores clone, but somehow him pushing your buttons was different from the real one doing it. While your Dottore used a wise and knowing tone, this Dottore used a snarky one, as if he was nonverbally calling you an idiot.

"At this point, I feel like you're just teasing me. You also seem to forget who has the override button" You commented pulling it out of your pocket and waving it in front of him. Omega Dottore grew stiff at the sight of it. He may be stubborn but he's not an idiot. "That's what I thought, I won't hesitate to shut you down and finish this mission myself if need be." Pocketing the button you turned back and loaded the notes into a folder. "I'm tired and it's late, I don't care when you go to bed but if your sleep time is anything like Dottore you'll probably be up late. Good night" and with that, you walked out of the room.

The next few days were exactly the same. Wake up, finish a part of the mission, get back, and sleep. Over that time you thought you would be ripping your own hair out trying to deal with this man, but the more time you spent with him the more you two got used to each other. Not saying that he didn't have his moments, but you put him back in line by threatening him with the button. Eventually, things fell into place as they would with the real Dottore, you guys argued less and worked together more.