The figure runs over to me, silent as the night and covers my mouth with a large hand. I kick into my fight or flight reflexes and decide I do not want to die like this, naked in my room to the hands of a stranger. I bite down as hard as I can on the figures hand kicking and screaming for my life.

"Argh, fuck!" I hear from it, as it backs away.

I take my opportunity, jumping into action as I run to the door quickly grabbing my towel to cover myself. I look up to the stranger's face, threatening them with my eyes as it walks closer to me, hands above it's head. It can bleed, I know it's human.

"I'm not fucking around, I will call the cops". I spit, out of breath. Shaking slightly. I'm bluffing, but they don't need to know that.

The darkness of my room acts as a perfect shield to the figure, the only thing it has on me is the element of being anonymous. All I need to do is take that away.

I look from them to the light switch, flicking my eyes between both as I calculate how much time I have to get to it, before it gets to me. I keep my head raised, as the seconds fly by. They keep their hands up in the air, still silent as I flash to the lights.
It's faster then me, way faster. As soon as my body is in motion so are they. Putting themselves between me and the light switch, grabbing both of my shoulders. I scream as they move their gloved hand to my wrists forcing me away from it.

"Don't". It rumbles, deep and rough in my face.

I gasp as they move my body back, and I feel my bed hit the back of my knees.

"Don't scream".

"W-what do you want from me?" I stutter completely out of moves to make.

"It's me". It grumbles, but I'm not listening as my ears ring loud.

It's a man!

I quickly stab my knee into his crotch, as hard as I can. He grunts loud and falls to his knees. I pick up my towel and run for the door when he grabs my wrist and pulls. I fall to the floor next to him and scream once more.

He hisses through his teeth and pulls me closer.

"It's me!" He booms. Voice deep and serious, while also groaning in excruciating pain.

This time, his words actually reach me and I look up to the figure above me. I notice things I didn't notice before in the mist of my haze, like the color of his hood, and the blaring question mark on the top of his head. I look down to his chest, it's heaving in pain but see the bright green 'M' on it.

"M-Mysterion!" I gasp.

"Dammit." Mysterion groans, and guilt floods my chest.

"H-holy shit! Are you, okay?" I whisper at him.

"I will not— fuck," He gasps. "Scare you again."

It's quiet in the room, as we sit on the dark floor. I look over his being, guilty as he heaves. I look down to my hands and realize I am almost still completely naked.

"Oh, my god." I hiss, and quickly stand up to run to my closet. Faster then I ever have before, I pick out a black tank top and throw it over myself.

I turn around feeling the embarrassment creep up my cheeks, ears completely red. Thank god I never turned that light on. I look over to my window as I feel the cold breeze hit my shoulders. It's completely open, curtains flying in the wind as I shiver. I walk over to it and close it quick, immediately feeling better.

Damn superheroes.

I look back to Mysterion to find he's still on the floor, but his eyes are fixated on me. I stare at him for a while feeling his eyes pierce through me. Roaming around me, up and down.

"Um"-

He stands up and walks over to me, pacing a gloved hand to my shoulder ever so gently. I wince a little as he turns me around, roaming his hands down to my shoulder blades. His hands move so tenderly it take me a second to realize he's looking at my bruises. I move my head down and close my eyes, feeling him brush my hair to the other side of my neck. I feel him take a step closer as his hands caress around my neck. He's so close I can feel his breath on my shoulder, his body heat burning holes from his touch while he silently examines me. Gently massaging the knots in my back. I keep my eyes shut as I lift my head up again feeling his hands move with me, a sigh escapes my lips as I unconsciously relax into his body.

"Who did this to you?" He whispers into my neck, so quiet I almost didn't hear him. Tenderly roaming his hands down the sides of my arms, and landing on my hips. His breath tickling my neck.

I slowly open my eyes, looking to my closet doors and then the floor. I don't answer him, but he doesn't push me. Mysterion turns me around to face him, and I realize how close we are. He keeps a hand on my hip while the other moves up to tuck some hair behind my ear, I stare deeply into his eyes as he cups my cheek, examining the bruises. Something about his eyes— is so familiar.

The tension in the room is tight as I feel his breath on mine, soft and warm. I glance down to his lips slowly furrowing my eyebrows.

It's like— I know him.

"Mysterion.." I say, not really calling to him, or looking for an answer.

He pushes me impossibly closer to him, both of us lost in the tenderness of the moment. The moonlight shines in on us and bounces off his beautiful dark eyes. I'm lost in a trance as he whispers to me, dark and husky. It rumbles through my being and my cheeks heat up.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there".

For being so exposed, I'm warmer then I've ever been as he draws messily circles around my hips. I feel a tightness drop to my stomach the longer we linger in the moment, quiet. He brushes my cracked lips with his thumb and I completely discard his apology as I reach up to his hood. Looking back up to his eyes, my eyebrows down concerned.

"Who are you?" I whisper so low, like it could break the walls if I speak to loud.

I hold his hood as he looks down to my lips, and then down to the floor. I feel his hands tighten around my waist as he shakes his head. He pulls away slowly, taking a step back. I feel incredibly cold, like something has just been ripped from my soul.

"I cannot." He looks to the side.

My hands drop to my side as I grip my legs, missing something from them.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, still quiet.

"I have come to check on you." He mumbles.

"You— how did you know"-

"I see everything that happens in this town".

I blink at him and couple times, he looks back to me. I take a step closer to him and push my hand on his chest, dragging down slightly.

"Call for me." He darkens his features.

"What?" I whisper.

"When you need help, please— call for me."

Something about his demeanor makes me shiver, as he grabs ahold of my hand on him. He squeezes in comfort and something about it feels so recognizable, like I've felt this before. Like I-

"Say you will, for me, princess."

I gasp and take a step back.

No, he's..

"Who are you?" I say a little louder.

He doesn't say anything for a moment, I turn around and rub my temples.

"You're"- I turn around again and he's gone.

"Mysterion!" I gasp, looking around.

The cold breeze catches my attention and I run to the window as my curtains blow in the wind.
He's gone, just like that. Silent as the night, fast as the wind.

"I- will.." I whisper and look to the floor.

"I will call."