Chapter 9: Catching a Train, the Soldier's Intervention

Start from the beginning

The amulet containing the stone dangled from the Colonel's fingers as he explained. "We are taking the stone as a specimen for our research. For the past three weeks, we have been watching you in Venice. We started when we lost our team in Rome. We saw your training, we saw Esidisi and we knew you were chasing the stone. Our base is in a lodge up ahead. Follow us. We want to ask you about the Stone and Kars. Let us work together eh? We are not complete strangers, JoJo." 

As he turned to walk away, anger filled me, who did this man think he was?! I gritted my teeth but other than that, I composed myself. Now wasn't the time to be acting up. Joseph however, yelled after him "Hey! What are you blabbing about! Don't think you know me, bastard!"

Messina spoke "So, the Germans are here." Caesar turned to Lisa Lisa asking "C-coach?!" Clearly looking for guidance. Lisa Lisa remained quiet for a moment before saying "We have no choice. At least Kars doesn't have the stone." I nodded and said "Yes, Master. If that is what you think is best..."

Frankly, I despised the idea of cooperating with them. But in this situation, they were our best solution...

Timeskip...

Kars POV

Image of Kars:

A wooden cabin, how quaint

A wooden cabin, how quaint. Yet, I could tell this was the location I sought. Reaching out and touching the wall confirmed it, I could read the heat signatures inside. The fireplace was lit, four lights were on the wall, two on the ceiling, two on the desk. No, three.

Four humans were standing by the wall, from height, their heights were 178cm, 174cm, 181cm and 178cm. One human was by the fireplace, he was 183cm tall. Five humans in total, all male. Raising my hand, I allowed the blade in my right arm to extend outward.

In a swift motion, I sliced through the wood with no effort whatsoever, the men inside all met the same fate. None of them had the chance to react. However, it seems I'd miscalculated, I'd counted five men, those five men now lay dead.

But here, at the other end of the room was a SIXTH! He greeted me in a tone of cold indifference. "So, you're Kars? You're fast. In just a few hours, you heard about your friend's defeat, then learned we had obtained the stone and came for it." In a taunting manner, he held it up. The Red Stone of Aja.

Getting up from his chair, he continued "And this brutal, calculated assault. None of my men made a sound before they died." Stepping into the room proper, I spoke to the man. "I'm sure there were five men in this room. So, why can't I sense your body heat?"

As I once again, revealed a blade from my arm and at this point I heard a familiar voice. "Hey! Rifle heads! Do we have to wait forever for food?!" The door opened to reveal Joestar along with another around his age. If I wasn't mistaken, this was the very boy who bested Esidisi.

I looked forward to settling the score with him. For now though, my focus was on the soldier in front of me. Lunging forward, I slashed at him with the blade, expecting a bloody defeat. However surprisingly, enough the soldier raised his hand and caught the strike with only minimal effort.

The blade shredded the glove he wore revealing metal underneath, I pointed out "It's mechanical?" The blade had also slashed through the man's hat causing it to fall away in two halves, revealing his face and upon doing so JoJo's voice exclaimed in shock.

"You're... von STROHEIM?!"

Image of Rudol von Stroheim:

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I really hope you enjoyed and as always, thank you for reading