We stood in silence for a few minutes until Iver cleared his throat. I pulled away from him slightly to look at his face as he spoke. "Talia I know it's not the best time to ask right now after everything that happened today" he said while gesturing towards Ethan's bedroom where he was asleep. "But I really think that we should give us a try. I mean we have never even gone on a proper date" he exasperated.

Of course I wanted to go on a date with him; he didn't even need to really ask. I was his, forever. But talk about shit timing. I glanced towards Ethan's bedroom and I knew he needed me more right now. Maybe if Iver gave me a week or so we could have our date then and actually enter into a proper relationship.

"Iver, I don't think I can right now, Ethan needs me, maybe..." I tried to voice what I had just been thinking in my head but I was quickly cut off with a sneer and an agitation of hands as he ran his fingers angrily through his black hair.

"I can never bloody understand you Talia! One minute it feels as if you want to be with me just as much as I want to be with you but the next minute you are shoving me away" He scowled. I tried to but in to tell him he was wrong but he held a hand up to my face. "Will you let me finish!" he growled.

His hand slowly dropped and rested by his side, then the colour began to drain from his face and his eyes widened in realisation, "Is it because you still love Cassio..?" I gaped at him open mouthed like a fish and then tried to answer him once again but he talked over me. That bloody idiot! I left Cassio because I love you; I wanted to scream at him.

"That's it, isn't it!? You still love that vet even though the engagement is over. I'm just seconds to you, aren't I? You've been stringing me along like a puppet all this time making me feel sorry for you and that fucking baby when all you really want is to get back with Cassio. Oh I see it now!" He exclaimed and shook me by the shoulders. His nails were biting into my skin.

Every time he shook me, my heart began to shatter even more until it barely even resembled what it once was. I could feel my chest tightening until it was unbearably painful with each hateful word he shouted at me. My skin became ice cold as it finally registered in my mind what he had called my...our child; that fucking baby. How dare he!

"Well that's it, I fucking give up" he snapped. In a spilt moment decision, I reached up and slapped him across the face. The crack of the palm of my hand against his rough skin resounded about the kitchen, bouncing off the marble countertops.

"It's yours, you son of a bitch!" I screamed as tears streamed down my face and mixed in with my foundation. "That fucking baby is yours" I screeched again as I slammed my fists against his chest. I wanted to hurt him so much. I hoped that slap to his face stung like a bitch.

His sallow skin paled considerably as he gave up trying to hold onto my wrists. "What?" he asked, it seemed redundant to reply but I did anyway.

I stopped hitting him and gazed up into his ice cold eyes and tried to find some emotion on his stoic face. "It's your child not Cassio's. I went to the doctor a few months ago and he told me how many weeks I was. You were the only person I had sex with during that time period, I..." I tried to continue but he quickly interrupted me once again.

"I don't believe you" he said as his lip curled up in disgust. "I thought you were different Talia, I really did. But you are just like the rest, just like Alexia, a cold hearted bitch!" he growled rather scathingly at me.

A permanent frown was etched into his forehead. Tears were travelling faster down my face; their saltiness was burning my skin. I didn't have the energy to say anything in reply. Instead he just continued with his onslaught.

"This was probably your plan all along, to make me fall in love with you" he exclaimed as he began to pace back and forth. He was smirking as he did so. "I finally get you, Talia. I understand that you're just a sadistic bitch." He suddenly began to laugh but without mirth, "Do you want to know what the funny thing is?" he asked rhetorically, "It worked! Your master plan actually fucking worked Talia. I LOVE YOU!" he roared.

I began to shake like a leaf as he focused his piercing blue eyes on me. They were like icicles stabbing me in the heart every time his gaze flashed to me. I could see why people were terrified of him. I could see how he was once a respected member of the Italian mafia. I never thought that he would direct that hateful gaze towards me, the gaze that promised so much pain and suffering.

His jaw was clenched and his fists were balled at his sides. It looked like he could snap at any moment and I was scared shitless. My knuckles were on the verge of breaking as I held on to the counter behind me. I was too afraid to speak, too afraid to defend myself in case he might do something.

"But you know what? It means jack shit right now." He whispered menacingly as he approached me and caged me in with his arms against the counter. I had no way of escaping. "I've seen your family. You only want to rope me in for my fortune because you're not getting anything from your fucked up father back home. You're worried that you are going to be cut off, just like Ethan" he sneered as his steely eyes met my watery ones. There wasn't a hit of compassion or emotion other than anger swirling about in his irises. In that moment I could tell that he really hated me.

"Well, you know what Talia? I don't really give a shit anymore." He growled and then slammed his lips against mine in a fit of anger. As quickly as it began, it ended. He pulled away from me and looked me in the eyes one last time.

"I hope we never meet again" he murmured and with those faithful last words he stormed from the apartment and out of my life. And that was the last time I saw him.

My knees buckled and I slid down the side of the counter to rest in a heap on the cold marble floor. I could hear the engine of his car start and then the squealing of tires as he raced down the road disappearing on the horizon.

Then the uncontrollable wailing began. I bawled my eyes out as sobs wracked my body. And then finally when there were no more tears left to shed, I became numb to the world around me. I stared at the cup of tea he left on the table until the milk in the cup began to smell sour.

I pulled myself off the ground and approached the mug. My hands flexed at my side and all the pent up anger I felt for Iver came out. I reached forward and swiped the mug off the table. It slammed against the wall with a satisfying crash.

I wandered into Ethan's bedroom like a zombie. My energy was drained. I pulled up the sheets and slowly climbed into the bed. I wrapped my arms around him and held him as he began to cry some more. "Its okay" I whispered as I stared at the stark white ceiling.

I pulled Ethan tighter against my chest. We had to stick together because all we have is each other.

A.N. So I apologise for that somewhat depressing chapter but it was necessary for plot development, I swear! I'm sure I'm going to be murdered in the comments for what has just transpired...whoops! But at least she told Iver that it was his child, it's his fault that he didn't believe her.

This is not the end of the book btw! I have about 10 maybe 12 chapters to go and the finito :P! Sorry about the long hiatus as well. I know I promised I would update ages ago but this is the first chance I got since then.

I will not be updating between now and the 19th of June as that is when my exams end. It will be highly improbable that I will update before then as I will be uber busy! The exams start Wednesday so please please please wish me luck :P!

Anyway I hope ye enjoyed the chapter...I know I didn't hahaha! It was quite bleak and depressing but ah well!

Please vote and comment! Thank you!