The Beginning

{tw: nothing!}

Renae never would have thought that meeting a strange girl in a new town would ruin her life.

It was a sunny day, mid July and freshly turned 19 year old Renae had been sent by hunger and exhaustion to leave her base. She needed food, any food at all. She also needed to stock up on basic medication like ibuprofen and maybe even rubbing alcohol for her medkits. She also needed tampons, but if she couldn't find any she wouldn't be angry since she was already stocked up. So she left her ran down farm house in the middle of nowhere to cross the one hour trek to the town. This town had a small supermarket that hadn't been touched since outbreak basically, except for the occasional raider groups that got eaten by the clickers that roamed inside. The only reason Renae had avoided these clickers was by pure stealth and strategy. She was barely a fighter so she had to use her brain instead. After three years of living here she had mapped their patterns to a T. So that's exactly what she did today.

She put on her mask before she slipped in the broken window of the market, crawled under a broken wall, slipped through a disgusting blood covered bathroom, and then she was in. She made sure to look for the infected that always roamed near the window and once she saw that it passed she bolted stealthily to the counter where she waited for the same one to pass by again, and then she army crawled into the pharmacy. Now she could stand without worry and grab the medicine she needed. She has been rationing herself on all of her supplies, including medicine, so that she didn't get too greedy and use it all. She found two full bottles of ibuprofen and a bottle and a half of rubbing alcohol. With that stuff stored in her bag she went out the back door of the pharmacy and then crawled once again to the canned goods, which was a good walk across the store. In certain places she could walk but in others she had to be careful. Most of the infected in the food area weren't clickers, so she had to be extra stealthy.

Once she finally reached the canned foods aisle, she grabbed ten cans of various soups and ravioli. And right when she zipped her bag up she heard a sound she did not want to be hearing on her stealth run. A voice.

"Jen said she wanted to check this place out. She heard there hasn't been any infected in weeks here. It has to be full of shit."

Fuck. Renae put her bag on and then went the opposite way of where she heard the voices. She needed to get out now before the horde of infected living in here heard them and-

click click

Double fuck. She ducked down behind an end cap and turned to where she heard the sound, and saw a clicker echolocating the voices location. So Renae scooted farther into the aisle and waited until she heard the noise receding down the other aisle. Then she squat walked for a few more aisles and almost reached her point of entry when she heard a scream.

Triple fuck. At that point Renae needed to get out immediately, so she ran into the bloody bathroom, locked the door, slipped through the broken wall, and then got slammed into the floor.

An infected had somehow gotten in through the broken window at the worst spot possible, Renae's entry point. And now it was gonna kill her if she didn't act fast. It started to yell and scream pretty quickly. She realized that if she didn't pack her combat knife today she would've definitely been killed. But she did. So she grabbed it out and slammed it into the skull of the infected three times before it eventually went limp on her. Bad news though, the sound had alerted others and now the door she had blocked off on previous trips was being slammed. So Renae quickly slid the infected off and crawled out of the window before taking her mask off and sprinting through the town.

She eventually made it back home safely, no cuts or bites in sight. She was just incredibly out of breath and ready to call it a day.

Renae lived alone, and had since she was about 7. It all started when her caregivers attempted to give her away to a traveling cult group in the midwest, who eventually traded her for food in Boston. Then she escaped that and ended up in the Boston QZ. That couldn't contain her for long though because she eventually escaped in need of something new. Then, as a 7 year old the fireflies found her. She travelled all the way to Salt Lake City with them and lived alongside them for multiple years. She became an incredibly skilled fighter by age 12. But it wasn't for her. She hated fighting others, especially people. She would rather help in the infirmary with the doctors. So by age 13 she transferred from being a fighter to being an infirmary assistant, and then a nurse in training. But at 14 she grew bored and left. And then she ended up in her home here in bumfuck Wyoming. She had no idea where she was exactly, she just knew she was somewhere in Wyoming. She had been living off of mostly hunted rabbits and other small animals from 14 until 16. That's when she found the town and decided that would be her supply closet essentially. She had been thriving ever since, using seeds for crops and hunting as her main source, with cans as her winter stock and lazy day food. She even lugged a generator from a hardware store and had functioning power.

She has made quite the great living for being on her own. But she was extremely bored, and lonely. So she relaxed on her couch, picking at strings on the violin she had found in the basement of the farmhouse. The dusk soon turned to night and Renae felt drowsiness from todays events dawning on her. So she went upstairs, showered quickly, and added an entry into her journal before she quickly drifted off into a deep slumber.

-

𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚕,

𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚙𝚕𝚢 𝚛𝚞𝚗 𝚍𝚊𝚢. 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍. 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚒 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚎𝚝. 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚎𝚝 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢. 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚎𝚝. 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚑𝚎𝚖. 𝚒 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚞𝚗 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚏𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎. 𝚙𝚘𝚘𝚛 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎. 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚗𝚘 𝚑𝚘𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚊, 𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚜 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕. 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚜𝚑 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝟸𝟻 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚐𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜. 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚖 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜. 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚠 𝚓𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚕.

𝚁𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚎 𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟷𝟼𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟹𝟾

-

The next morning Renae woke up, and walked down the stairs of her home. But something was off. She looked at the front door and noticed that it was open. She looked to the bag by the door where her gun was. Her knife was upstairs. And then she felt the cool metal tip on the back of her neck.

"Make a move and I shoot you right in the neck."

__________
shrub speaks!

ooo who could it be