Party's Over

1984

"Stop pouting."

Annie smacked his hand away before he could even flick her chin. James widened his eyes, looking between her and the road. "Damn, alright... someone's feisty today."

"Shut up." she grumbled, unbuckling her seatbelt as they turned into the neighborhood. She wasn't looking forward to later tonight. The waitresses at the diner decided to have some kind of 1960's themed party at the diner in early-celebration of Mick's birthday this weekend. Aurora was totally into it, going over preparations instead of waiting tables during her shift. Mick was oblivious to the whole idea, instead planning on getting drunk at home with a few friends.

They opened the front door of the house, coming face to face with a greaser clad Lars, the top of his hair greased smoothly back into a low ponytail with a leather jacket that he definitely didn't steal from James. Aurora jumped up from her spot on the couch, moving to Lars' side and grinning at them. She was dressed as a Soc, of course, with a baby pink knitted vest over a white undershirt, tucked into a gingham skirt.

They stared blankly.

"You like?" Aurora chuckled nervously when they stayed silent. Annie's face went pale. "Oh god, am I gonna have to dress like that?" she pointed to Aurora's outfit. It wasn't too different from her normal style, really.

Aurora scoffed. "Yes, you—"

Annie pushed past her. "Unless Dallas Winston is around, I want no part of this." she entered the kitchen to see Beatrice dressed in Greaser attire, peeling an orange. "Or Sodapop Curtis."

Annie nodded, her lips curving up into a small smile. James walked in, side-eyeing Annie.

"What?" she shrugged. It was no secret that she had a crush on Matt Dillon, and Rob Lowe. Hell, every girl did. "Nothing..." he muttered, pulling a grape from the small fruit bowl on the counter.

Aurora entered the kitchen a minute later. "Alright, so after you two get dressed, Lars and I are gonna head down to Mick's and make sure everything is set up. You guys can meet us there. Cliff and Kirk are already out getting the drinks, so—"

"Have you turned my workplace into a speakeasy?" Annie interrupted, throwing a grape into the air and catching it in her mouth.

"No... it's— it's just a small party! Not actual customers, just friends and family..." Aurora muttered.

"Anyway, I put an outfit on your bed for you to wear," she continued. "And before you start insulting my clothing taste, just go look." she held her index finger up when Annie opened her mouth to protest.

She rolled her eyes, going up to her bedroom anyway. "Huh." she nodded in approval when she laid eyes on the outfit. Laying neatly spread on her comforter, was a black fitted T-shirt, plain-old, baggy denim jeans, and a brown leather jacket that almost resembled Dallas Winston's.

"Not too shabby."

~

Jailhouse Rock played loudly from a record player somewhere around the room when they entered Mick's. Most were dressed as either a Greaser or a Soc, while some didn't even dress at all.

"Wasn't this song made in the fifties?" Annie asked with furrowed brows, swiping a shot glass from a tray that was being carried passed.

"Late fifties." James commented, scanning his eyes around the place with his hands shoved in his pockets.

"Come on, Mick will be here soon!" Aurora sped toward them, pulling Annie's hand after she downed the liquor.