Family Vacation

The next two weeks went decently well- beside the fact that James was at his last straw with Anneliese. He assumed after his apology they were good, but the last few days have said otherwise.

It was nonstop argument between the two. Beatrice, Aurora, and the guys were probably losing their sanity faster than Annie was when they had to hear their constant bickering with one another, whether it was after a Metallica gig they tagged along to, a casual hangout session between the seven friends, or even a quick running-into at the grocery store.

Annie was just on the brink of not giving a fuck anymore. She decided she wouldn't let it bother her. She'd just keep her distance whenever the others would hang out, she'd refrain from commenting snobby remarks or tripping James on his way through the door. That was until she found out that Bea planned a vacation for everyone.

"The Bahamas?" Annie almost choked on her Coca Cola. "For a week?" James added from the other side of the room.

"Yeah, it'll be fun!" Aurora hopped up and down from beside Bea.

"Oh my god." Annie let out a defeated sigh, dropping her head onto the table. She knew exactly what this meant. An entire week.. with him.

"What the hell are we even gonna do for seven days?" Lars asked from his spot on the sofa.

"It's the Bahamas, what won't we do?" Bea's voice was muffled from the cookie she chewed on.

Everyone stayed silent. The only thing that could be heard was the faint crunching of Bea's food. "We leave tomorrow." She said after a moment of silence.

Annie's shoulders only slumped even more.

"Okay.. thanks for the announcement?" Lars said sarcastically with closed eyes as he got comfortable on the couch. Bea rolled her eyes and approached the couch, tossing a pillow at the Dane's face. "That means get your lazy asses up and start packing!"

With that, Aurora zoomed down the hallway to her first floor bedroom, while the rest of them slowly got up from their spots like sloths.

The men went back to their house to pack and eventually everybody recruited back at the girls' house to eat pizza and stay the night.

Annie finished packing a few minutes after everybody else, so when she came down there was only one piece of pizza left. She reached for it and froze when another bigger hand grabbed it. She followed the arm connected to see James staring back at her. "Uh-" she gulped. That was awkward.

"Y'can have it." He muttered, relaxing back into his seat. "No, it's alright." She said. "I'm not hungry." She mumbled as she turned to the kitchen."I'll take it, damnit." Lars said with a mouthful, taking the slice out of the box.

~

"Scannin' the scene in the city tonight..."

Annie groaned, rolling over and covering her ears with a pillow. With the loud hair dryer on top of the obnoxious singing, she'd already gotten a headache.

"We're searching for youuuu to put up a fight!"

"Those are all the wrong lyrics." Another deep voice grumbled. "It's looking, not searching." James said. The voices were muffled from the other room. "And it's start not put." Lars said.

"Whatever, it woke you guys up, so it worked." Bea laughed. Annie's eyes widened as she heard her voice getting closer. Oh god.

The door flew open and scared the shit out of her. She looked over to see Bea holding a hair dryer. "Don't." Annie's voice was coated with sleep.

Bea stared at her, then clicked a button. The hair dryer began whirring and blowing air right in Annie's face. "How the hell does the cord even go that far?!" She shouted, blocking her face with her hand.

"Extension cord!" Bea smiled brightly.

"Oh, great!" Annie smiled sarcastically. "Let's see how many times it can loop around your neck!"  She grabbed the end of the dryer, and clicked it off.

"Get up! We leave in two hours!" Bea's voice was still loud. "Okay, okay. Get out." Annie grumbled, climbing out of bed.

As soon as she opened her bedroom door, she stumbled back from an arm whacking her right in the face. She peeked out to see James bolting down the stairs. "Watch where you're going, dick." She grumbled. "Bitch." He replied simply.

Aurora stood at the bottom of the stairwell and she smacked James in the back of the head as he got down. He groaned. "What the hell was that for?"

"Don't call her a bitch." She crossed her arms over her chest. James shrugged her off and turned away. Aurora looked back when she saw Annie approaching her. "Oh, I got your stuff for you!" She smiled.

"Oh.." Annie furrowed her brows. "Thank you, you didn't have to do that though." She chuckled. "I wanted to." Aurora shrugged with a smile on her face.

Everyone waited for Lars to finish showering so they could leave. They sat on the couches tapping their feet on the floor and staring at the ceiling.

"Gotta put your makeup on too, princess?" James' voice snapped Annie out of her daze. She looked at him to see him staring behind her shoulder. She followed his gaze to find Lars standing with his hair wrapped in a towel while he clipped his fingernails. She chuckled at the view.

Lars grumbled an insult in response while he grabbed his shoes off the floor.

"Okay people, hurry it up." Bea came out of the kitchen. "I'm starting the car, you guys better be out within the next five minutes."

The seven tired friends piled into Aurora's car. Hers was bigger than Bea's truck, so they decided it would be a lot better.

Beatrice was basically the mother as they got to the airport- she led them around and made sure none of them would fall asleep or stray off to the shopping center.. ahem... Aurora... Lars...

Annie and James were slumped on the chairs next to each other while Kirk and Bea played hot hands. James slid further and further down the chair as he dozed off and his head ended up falling on Anneliese's shoulder. She flinched when the fluffy blonde waves tickled her face and pushed his big head off her so he'd lean on Kirk instead. She was doing him a favor, truthfully. If he would've woken up to see Annie's face right next to his, he'd probably be terrified.

A female voice announced their flight number over the intercom. "Oh!" Bea jumped out of her seat, abandoning her game with Kirk. "Annie, James.. come on." She tapped Annie's shoulder gently, then smacked James in the face.

The others began walking toward the boarding gates. Annie groaned when she realized she was left with waking him up.

"Get up, Hetfield." She smacked his cheek lightly. She bent down to pick up her backpack and sighed frustratedly when he didn't get up. "Hey, dick-wad." She flicked his chin. "Hobo." She tugged on his hair. "Dumb-fuck." She scoffed. "Fuck-face." She said louder. "Wake your stupid fucking ass up or I'll leave you here." She leaned closer to his face.

He inhaled sharply and brought a hand up to rub his eye. "Huh?"

"Let's fuckin' go!" Annie urged. She turned to see the rest of them getting in line for the gate. She yanked his arm, causing him to fly up from his seat and almost knock her on her ass if it weren't for her grip on his jacket sleeve. "Jesus christ, alright." He glared at her, ripping his arm from her grip.

She shook her head and left for the boarding gates, James following lazily behind her.

Vote, comment, follow 🤍