Good For The Hangover

Annie was eating chocolate pudding out of a small plastic container while she sat on the couch, flipping through TV channels.

Bea entered the living room and put her hands on her hips, staring down at Annie. She stared back for a minute. "What?" Her voice sounded gooey from the mouth full of pudding.

"It's.." she trailed off, looking down at her arm. "Ten in the morning, Annie. You probably shouldn't be eating literal goo for breakfast."

Annie shrugged. "Good for the hangover."

"How so?" Bea blinked at her.

"Dunno." She shrugged again.

"Come on, give me the pudding and I'll make you some real breakfast." She reached her hand out but Annie swiftly moved her hand out of the way before she could grab it.

"Anneliese Buckley."

In response to the usage of her full name, she rubbed the brown pudding all over her lips like a child and puckered her lips. Bea grimaced and walked away quickly, groaning out of disgust.

Annie smiled a big chocolatey smile until a figure appeared behind her. She shifted her gaze and saw James. She almost gasped and quickly hid her face, licking the pudding away from her lips.

James only rolled his eyes and approached Beatrice in the kitchen. "The fucks she still doin' here?" His voice was deep, coated with slumber.

Bea snorted. "Uh- she lives here. The fuck are you still doing here?"

James' eyes widened when he turned his back to her. He didn't realize the girl lived there. Now it was only worse. Now he had to be around her more.

"I live here." He shot back.

"My ass." She laughed loudly. James grumbled in response as he filled a cup with hot coffee. "You only stay here when your dickhead friends kick you out." She continued.

James snorted. "At least we can both agree that they're dickheads."

He went quiet when Annie entered the kitchen, tossing her empty pudding cup in the trash. She pretended to not acknowledge James' presence even the tiniest bit when she approached Bea.

"Hey.. so, I figured if I'm gonna be stayin' here, I should probably get more of my stuff- and I won't go back to my house, but I have a storage unit-"

Bea cut her off with a stunned expression. "In Salem?" She didn't like the idea of driving all the way to Salem.

"No, it's in Ashland, not too many miles north of the border. I got it when my parents decided it'd be a good idea to sell my shit for drug money." She said casually.

James didn't pay that much attention to their conversation, but his eyes widened again when he heard the drug thing.

"Smart." Bea shrugged. "So, what? You wanna drive up there?" She tossed a grape in her mouth.

"Yeah, and uh- you don't have to drive me, but if I could borrow your car-" Bea cut her off once again. "No, I can drive. I'll have the guys help us too." She smiled.

James and Annie both audibly groaned, unintentionally at the same time. That meant they'd have to spend more time with each other.

"Okay. I'm gonna go shower."

James finally turned when he heard Anneliese's departing footsteps.

"Why do we have to help?" He sighed frustratedly. "Because you drenched her in beer last night. Now you can make up for it!" She chirped, walking away before he could protest.

very short one, i'm sorry
Vote, comment, follow 🤍