(13) ...Family?

Summary: While their walk through the forest, they encounter something weird through the bushes

---

While they continued their walk through the forest, the world around them changed more and more, slowly turning exactly like Tubbo remembers his home. The trees got a lot shorter, and the plants looked exactly like those he learned all about in school. The sky also changed it's color, being blue, with only one sun, and even a mouse appeared on their way. It made Tubbo really worried, it's not right to see these things here, it's not right at all, they don't belong here. Soon hunger catched up again, they needed food, and Tubbo knew the others didn't know the animals of this place as well as he did. He knew how to hunt. So, he took over the job of hunting completly in this area. Though, eating a deer raw is not very good for you, the meat of the creatures is different, edible when raw, but not this meat. Their stomachs twisted and they ended up with food poisoning, which wasn't very good either. They couldn't quite make a fire to cook it either, as the ground was to moist for that. Tubbo had no other choice, than to trust his knowledge on fruits and berries, hoping they were the same like they were on earth. To his luck, they were edible. Their journey continued on for a long time, a couple days was Tubbo's guess, could have been weeks, but he stopped counting days a long time ago, he didn't really care, they slept a for a few times, that's all he knows. They rested on a small pond, drinking the water from it, Tubbo guessed his stomach had grown to actually being able to digest dirty water with ease, he didn't quite have a way to filter it, so it makes total sense. While he waited for the others while they rested, he walked around the pond, eyeing a little the area. When he noticed something unnatural, something white peaking through the bushes. He looked at the others, who watched him with a strange look, he guessed that his face had some emotion on it, but he didn't know. Just a guess. They immediatly knew something was up, so they followed him, Ranboo teleporting next to Tubbo also taking in what he saw, but looking back at him confused, he didn't know what was normal and what wasnt. Tommy came shortly after him, jumping ahead. Tubbo followed them more cautious. Ranboo behind, surprisingly serious face on theirs, eyes adding to it, they realized from Tubbo's reaction that something was wrong. When they got closer, Tubbo realized what the structure was, and started hyperventilating on the spot. The other two also looked troubled, they didn't know what kind of structure was there, blocking the other way, reaching way over their heads, way over the trees, with metal and stone, and having a soft glow upon itself.

His legs shook and he dropped to the ground, his eyes glued firstly on the structure, as he went backwards to a tree to hold himself up, he looked away, sweating forming on his forehead, and his hands shaking. Ranboo came to his side, not knowing what was up, taking in Tubbo's reaction, and observing him. Tommy glanced over, but also inspected the structure, which happens to be a fence. A big, humanmade fence. Humans. Humans, here. before Tubbo. His vision darkened, and his head dropped, heart racing. His breath picked up, and his stomach twisted. The parts he could see were blurry, tears start forming in his eyes. This could be his way home possibly. Home, his family, his friends, his home, the place where he belongs in. He felt like throwing up, but nothing came. His face and hands sweat and his when he tried standing up, his balance was off, he fell back to the ground. He started to ground himself, quietly whispering to himself "your safe. everything is okay. Nothing is going to happen to you." He looked up, his vision clearing up a bit, as his panic attack came to an end. As quick as it came, it also left, in a few seconds everything was fine again, everything but his mind, still racing with thoughts. Ranboo helped him up, their eyes showing a lot of worry for Tubbo "I'm fine, don't worry about me" he walked to Tommy who dropped to the ground again "It's a fence. Most likely made by a human... my species." Tommy looked at Tubbo, and back at the fence.

They walked along the fence to find maybe a hole to slip through, because Tubbo didn't want to risk that it might be electrified, if it is to strong it could kill them, especially Tommy who was already small enough, probably couldn't handle it. They walked for a while, until they needed to rest again for a bit. Ranboo and Tommy rested under the shade of a tree, the sun burning on their bodies, Tubbo looked up at the fence, taking in the long shadows it casted on the ground on the other side. Looking up at the sky, the view was suddenly interupted by a flying creature, it wasn't a bird, that's for sure, and it came fast. Tubbo yelled out a warning, but Ranboo and Tommy already spotted the creature and were on their feet, ready to defend themselves if needed. The creature had a specific goal, dropping, and closing it's claws on Tommy, flying high up again, Ranboo teleported behind the creature holding on it's wing, their own wing having not healed enough to fly on it's own. The creature spun around losing up a claw from tommy who bit it over and over again, trying to blind it too with it's claw, and with the lose on the creature held onto Ranboo's legs throwing them off to the ground, and flying away, Tubbo yelled out to Tommy catching it's attention who looked back with so much feat in it's eyes. Ranboo rolled on the ground, bruising itself probably on the way. More creatures came, ground ones, two, three or more jumped on Ranboo who jumped away, but was tackled to the ground. More came out, looking towards Tubbo, who didn't know what to do than to flee, the creatures quick behind him. His thoughts rush, and his only idea was to hide. He climbed up a tree, quick due to the training, and hid in the leaves, holding his breath, holding a hand to his mouth, shaking in fear.

Tears running down his cheeks by the realization of what is happening right now. After a couple minutes, he managed to calm himself and go down, tears still running down, but his thoughts were elsewhere at the moment.As he looked where the group last was, he looked at the ground, which was scratched and burried making it all soft. He dropped to the ground and cries out loud. Instead of helping his friends, his family , he decided to run to save himself, rather than the ones he needed to most. How bad of a person, how selfish must you be, to leave those dear to you to die. To be taken. How selfish, was he.

How selfish...was I .

How bad of a person, am I !

I could have done something, I should have stayed, tried atleast, but I decided to save my own ass and leaving them behind, who needed me then and there!