𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. the bonfire

Start from the beginning

"Well, I do now." Red cheered the air and took a sip of the beer, a disgusted expression on her face as the beverage hit her tongue. "Mmm... So good. I'm gonna go check what's up with Pope and JB."

"I'll double that." JJ followed, walking down the dock beside Red and Kie. "Hot potato, hot potato, hot potato, two!" JJ whooped, throwing beers at Pope and John B. "What are you guys doing down here? Having a good cry?"

Pope looked at John B. "Cry?"

"Cry? What are you talking about? We don't cry."

"You know it's not your fault, right?" Kie asked, slightly comforting.

"You think she'll come around?"

"Of course, she will," Red replied taking a sip of her beer. "She's a pogue now."

"Hmm..." John B smiled, scratching the back of his neck. "Sarah's a pogue. She'll come around. Yep, she'll come back to me."

"Damn straight." Another voice approached them, turning heads towards her.

Kie scoffed playfully, "Bennie! Where've you been?"

"Takin' some me time, y'know?"

"Right..." John B sighed. "Toss me a beer?"

Bennie looked around at the group in silence. "You got it. What's going down guys? Hey, what's the matter with you guys? Come on? What's the matter?" Bennie questioned, picking up the vibe. "What is this, a nuclear Saturday or something? Come on, guys. This is our first weekend back together, the first 'Pogue' weekend. We got to be goin' out in style, cruisin' the coast, sniffin' some lace, downin' some brews...but no!" Bennie crept behind John B teasingly. "The one older brother had to go and screw it up!"

John B playfully took a swing at Bennie, missing her head as she ducked down.

"I don't know what to do with ya, kid." Bennie rolled her eyes, sitting next to Pope as Joh B stood up.

"Y'know I was just thinking about it..." John B started, his voice slurred because of the alcohol. "I'm gonna do a backflip."

"Your lying!" Kie teased, pointing at the drunken boy.

"I won't do it?"

"You got money!? I'll bet on it!"

"Hold— my beer that you already dropped." John B ordered Bennie, pretending to be offended as she took the beer and repositioned her Elton John sunglasses to the top of her head.

The pogues cheered as John B flew off the side of the boat, actually landing a pretty good backflip.

After the alcohol in all of their systems had worn off, Red knew she needed to go home. She was only half sober and she was tired out of her mind. She stumbled through the door, happy to see that her dad was nowhere to be found.

Red made her way upstairs, crashing onto her bed and passing out before she would even get ready at all.

It was only the next morning when Red realized just the mess she was when she began getting ready for school the next day. Surprisingly, her first hangover wasn't that bad. Nothing that a little ibuprofen couldn't fix.

She practically ran down the stairs, already late enough for school, and hopped into her car which had only been bought for her when school started. It was a red Audi S5, and Red couldn't be more proud of it.

She closed the door behind her as she exited her car, immediately seeing Max as she approached the school.

Max quickly ran towards her, an expression saying 'what the hell' written all over his pale face. "Red. Where the hell have you been? Do you just- skip school now?"