𝐱𝐱𝐯. run boy, run

Start from the beginning

John B nodded with a grin, fist-bumping the girl walking adjacent to him. "Part-time roommate, full-time best friend." Red smiled at the boy's comment. "So, how are things going with you? JJ said you transferred."

"Yeah, I did," Red replied. "My friend Max was how we found out who was on the tarmac the day Peterkin was murdered. He's basically my only friend there and I'm not mad at that."

"What about... Y'know stuff with JJ." John B asked, not really catching the blonde off guard as she expected the question she gradually got more comfortable answering eventually. "I mean, I know what he said-"

"What did he say?" Red asked, suddenly more anxious.

"I'll tell you what he said if you tell me what's going on on your side."

"You first."

"No."

"Why?"

"Because if I tell you first then your not gonna answer my question." John B tilted his head.

"I pinky promise that I'll answer the question, Red promised, linking her pinky with the boy next to her.

"So if your lying I get to break your pinky." John B joked, pulling down her pinky as if trying to break it. "No fingers crossed."

"Okay." Red put her hands up in defense. "Now tell me!"

John B breathed in, "You can't tell him I told you this but he said that you guys talked a few nights ago and settled on 'just friends' for now because you broke up like two weeks ago."

"And?" Red questioned in anticipation. "Did he say anything else? Like what he thought?"

"Why?" The boy asked, suddenly realizing why Red was so curious. "You still like JJ, don't you?"

"I didn't say that."

"Yeah, well you didn't deny it either."

Red sighed, "Fine. Maybe just a little, but what do you expect? We like just broke up going back to friends never works out. And it's not like I want to start a relationship again... I just wanna know where he's at."

"Well, R.L., JJ feels the exact same way." John B nodded. "Well... he's not exactly sure either. We're all just going through a lot."

Red nodded in understanding, "Yeah. You're right." Red picked out a few coconuts from off the ground, checking to see if they rotted. "Will these work?"

"And these?" John B added, pointing to a mango tree. "Yeah, I think we're good."

The pair soon headed back to camp where JJ and Kie had already arrived with firewood. John B and Red set down the fruits, going to sit down as a break before a boat could be heard approaching the group, containing Sarah who didn't seem hurt.

"Sarah!" Kie held her arms out, the boat coming closer and closer as the teens stood up, ready to greet her.

"You made it!"

"What happened?" John B asked, walking back towards everyone with Sarah.

"You guys were right..." Sarah said quietly, almost in tears. "It didn't work."

"It's okay... we'll just have to find another way." Red comforted, hugging Sarah's side, happy to know she was okay.

"Well, then that settles it, guys." JJ approached the two girls from behind. "Now y'all need to load up in the paddy wagon and get the heck out of Dodge right now.

"Right, You guys are gonna need supplies. We're gonna have to split as soon as possible." Pope reasoned, Getting Bennie's attention from beside him.

"Wait, wait, wait. Split? No, we're not 'splitting again. Not after what happened last time." Bennie stated, almost whining. "And I'm not about to lose my brother again. Let's just... figure something out."