𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. deadly welcome home gift

Start from the beginning

Red shrugged, "It's a long story."

"We have a lot of time." Bennie reminded, almost pleading to hear it.

"Well... We didn't talk at all for like two weeks, which is when you were gone. He just kinda brushed me off. Then..." Red gulped, preparing herself to get into the bad part of the story. "From what I heard... He was- um... Back to being the island's dirty boy if you know what I mean. Then we talked about it and agreed to put the past behind us... but stay friends. It's just confusing because- I just don't know."

"Damn." Kie breathed, taking another bite out of her watermelon. "So no more JJ and Red for now?"

"We'll see."

After the four finished their girl talk, they eventually made their way back to the boat where the other boys sat, probably talking on their own.

"Welcome back." John B greeted, hugging Sarah and helping the four back onto the boat where they took a seat and un-anchored.

"Excited to go home?" Asked Bennie, half-sarcastic.

"Not exactly." John B responded, putting the boat into gear and driving it further through the marsh.

Soon enough, the Chateau was already in sight from where the boat floated.

"There she is." John B reminisced, gazing at the house in front of them.

"Bet it's good to see her old bones, right?" Asked JJ, walking over to the bow where Red sat to tie the boat up. "Welcome home, guys."

"Y'know, I gotta be honest. I'm not exactly looking forward to check-in in at home." Kie voiced, leaning against a post on the dock. "My parents probably already arranged my funeral."

"I also predict unpleasantries at the Heyward household after I left the truck in Charleston..." Pope added.

"I can bet money right about now is when my family finally realizes, 'Hey! Bennie's not here.' Too busy doing her own thing to you know... look after her daughter. Topper's prolly stoned." Bennie sighed, standing beside her brother.

"No one knows we're here, right?" JJ checked. "And you two aren't gonna get into any more trouble for showing up 12 hours later. Am I right, or am I right?"

"You're not wrong..." Pope shrugged.

"So that means we have 12 hours to do whatever we want." JJ looked around, Sarah shaking her head at his antics. "A little pogue fellowship. How does that sound?"

John B looked down at Red, who had an uneasy look on her face. "Let's shit hit the fan tomorrow."

"Yeah!"

"The cops could be looking for us. It could be really stupid." Sarah resonated, bringing logic into the picture.

"Sarah Cameron." JJ chimed, walking towards Sarah who instead of facing him, glared at the water. "You've heard of my philosophy, right?"

"No."

The group looked at eachother, smiles planted on their faces as they mouthed what JJ was saying, "Stupid things have good outcomes all the time." JJ walked further down the dock, "Who's with me? Let's get some beer!"

The group eventually settled on JJ's plan. A very stupid plan, but JJ insisted. JJ and Kie walked into the building, the rest of the group chatting on the boat as they waited for the duo.

Sarah looked down at her wound, unintentionally leaving out why her jeans were stained with blood. "Ah! That bullet went straight through..."

"Wait, wait, wait! Pause. Bullet? You were shot." Bennie rushed, holding her hands out in front of her.