Long Hours - Ganyu

It has been hours since you first arrived at the Yujing Terrace. But still, you are determined to wait as long as it takes. You want to be there when she comes out, even if you have to wait another hour before that happens.

    Before you arrived, you had spent some time wandering outside the harbor. You were looking for Glaze Lilies, so that you could bring them to her when she finished with work. Unfortunately, she is taking a lot longer than you expected. You don't mind, but the flowers are going to start wilting soon if you don't get them into water.

   "I can't give her wilted flowers..." you mumble, wondering how exactly you are going to salvage them. It's not like you can go and buy a vase. It could break before you even have the chance to gift it to her. And who sells vases anyways? You're lost in thought when she finally approaches behind you.

   "Give who wilted flowers?" You hear a familiar voice ask from behind you, and you whip around to confirm your suspicion on who it is.

   "Ganyu!" Needless to say, you're surprised. Now is a very odd time for her to finish with her duties. However, you most definitely aren't complaining. This just means you have more time to spend with her. If she agrees to tag along with you, that is.

   "Hello," she says, a small smile on her face, "Sorry to startle you."

   "No no, no need to apologize!" Nervously, you hold the lilies out to her. Seeing that they aren't yet wilted is a huge relief to you. She deserves fresh flowers, not three hour old flowers, but as previously mentioned you did not expect to be waiting three hours.

   "These are for me?" She sends a puzzled glance at you, before slowly taking the flowers from your hands. She has no idea what she did to deserve flowers from you. Is today some sort of holiday that she happened to forget about? "How come?"

   You laugh, still a little nervous, and awkwardly shove your hands into your pockets. "No reason. I just thought you could use a bouquet."

   A dark blush spreads across her face as she stares down at the flowers. You spent the time to gather these flowers for her, and there isn't any special reason for it? She almost feels bad taking them, but she is nothing if not grateful. "Thank you. They're... beautiful." She is practically whispering, but you're happy with her reaction regardless.

   "Of course! You work so hard every day, this was the least I could do." You smile wide, hoping your enthusiasm will curb her very apparent embarrassment caused by your surprise. It seems to work, even if only a little, because she brings her face out from behind the flowers to look at you.

   She doesn't say anything right away, she just looks at you. It's almost awkward, until she decides to speak up again, "May I give you a hug?" You answer with a nod, and she comes closer to pull you into a gentle hug. She is, of course, very careful to not damage her bouquet whilst doing this.

   "Would you like to come to dinner with me? My treat." You ask, not yet ready to pull away from the hug. It isn't often that she's affectionate like this, so you try to savor it on the rare occasion that she decides to be.

   She responds affirmatively, however she insists on paying for her portion of the meal. Little does she know, you have already paid for everything ahead of time. So there isn't any way for her to rope you into letting her split the bill.