"I have Smith," Mason said, jabbing his thumb over his shoulder to where Smith stood a few feet away.

Carter narrowed her eyes and smiled slowly. "You think he's fast enough?"

When Carter jerked her hand up, Mason blinked but held his ground. She hated him a little bit for not flinching more than that. As she lowered her hand, Mason smiled in triumph.

"Let's go," she said.

As she headed for the school exit, she smacked Mason on the back of the head. At his outcry, she grinned.

Outside the entrance, Carter waited and when Mason joined her waved her hand towards the parking lot.

"Where's the car?" she asked.

"What? You don't want to take your car?" he asked, mockingly wide-eyed.

"No, I want to take the car your daddy had the taxpayers of America buy."

Mason glared at Carter's toothy grin. "It's property of the US government."

"Sure."

"It's this way," Smith said behind them.

As they cut through the parking lot, Carter slowly shifted her path diverting Mason's path into parked cars, forcing him to stop.

"Funny," he deadpanned.

"I think so."

At the car, Mason climbed into the back and quickly reached over to lock the door Carter moved to. He tilted his head at her, returning her toothy grin to her. Carter opened the passenger side door and got in.

"I like it better in the front anyways," Carter said.

"I didn't want you back here."

"Uh huh."

"We're going to have silence in the car," Smith said. "For the duration of this trip."

"Works for me," Carter said, sliding down in her seat and putting her feet up on the dash.

Smith sent her a look and she lowered her feet, straightening. From the back, Mason snorted. Carter shot him a glare but he ignored it by pretending to look out the window.

When they arrived at Arlington cemetery, Carter stepped out of the car and crossed her arms. Despite the warm spring day, she felt a chill run through her. Row after row of white tombstones spread out before her. Pick a name and discover the history of that person. A project to expand their view of how each life mattered, a person's story mattered.

Before Carter could think of where to start, Mason headed down the main path, his assured steps telling her he knew exactly where he was going. Part of her didn't want to move from her spot because it meant he was deciding where they should go.

The other part rational part told her that the quicker they picked their person the quicker they could be done. Inwardly groaning in annoyance, Carter set off after him.

She didn't say anything as she caught up to him. To ask him where they were going would be giving him too much power. He did not need more of that. Even without her speaking, Mason glanced at her with a hit of a smirk. It took all her might to keep herself from smacking him again. She didn't want to be completely on the bad side of Smith. She figured he'd forgive the first offense but wouldn't forgive the second.

Or worse he'd tell Captain.

Mason led them down the main path for a while before cutting off to one of the side ones. From how well he navigated them, Carter knew he had a specific spot in mind. Why he had it, she didn't know and didn't care all that much. Fastest way in, the fastest way out.