Chapter Two

I was in the room, laying in bed and staring at the ceiling. I left the candle lit next to my bed since sleep wasn't anywhere near me. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door breaking through my silence. I didn't want to get out of bed, but I did it anyway. Something told me that I had to. I opened the door to see Anthony standing there with a candle in his hand and a recognizable look in his eyes. "W-What are you doing here?" I asked not able to stop the shaking in my voice.

"I had to come see you." He stepped closer to me. His eyes burned into me. He stepped closer to me, putting his hand on my cheek. "I haven't been able to stop thinking of you since that night."

I grabbed his shirt, his face inches away from my own. "Then we'll make tonight a night to last a lifetime." His lips crashed onto mine. I opened my mouth, letting him explore my mouth with little interruption. I shut the door behind him, he set the candle on the desk next to us. With one hand around my waist, keeping me locked against him, he put the other in my hair. He turned us quick, pressing me against the door. I could feel him hard against my waist. I craved for him. Every part of him. Even the parts I haven't seen yet.

Before I knew it, I'm moving down onto the bed. Anthony hovered over me, looking down at my body as it reacted to him. Kiss by kiss, he discovered my body. He knew every sweet spot my body had. Moans escaped my mouth, my hands gripped my sheets—

I shot up in my bed, sweating through my night dress. I sat up in the dark room, letting my back rest against the cold headboard. I pushed the blankets off of me as an attempt to cool myself down. I knew I shouldn't have been having those thoughts. I tried to stop them. But it was harder here. It was harder being alone and knowing, if I wanted, I could find him again. But I can't.

I can't.

When morning came around, the idea of sitting for breakfast with Anthony in any civilized manner made me want to jump out of the two story bedroom to get away. I needed to run. I needed a good reason to skip breakfast and make a run for it. I needed to go visit Daphne! No one would question. I will say I made plans to have breakfast with Daphne and I am already running late. It was a good plan because no one seemed to question it. By no one, I mean Eloise because she's the one I told. Plus, I didn't give her enough time to question me before I walked out with Dorota.

It didn't take long to make it to the Hastings house. I knocked on the door praying she was here. I was brought to the drawing room to wait. It didn't take long for Daphne to come running in. I stood up from the sofa, courtesying. "Duchess."

Daphne laughed, running over to wrap her arms around me. I hugged her tight, letting out the first deep breath I had since I woke up this morning. "I missed you." Daphne said and I felt tears prick my eyes.

"I miss you too." Daphne pulled back, looking at me with glossy eyes. "Let's eat breakfast outside. It's an usually nice day."

Daphne rang for breakfast and we stepped outside, sitting at a table together. Tea was brought out first with biscuits while we waited for our breakfast. Daphne watched with with narrow eyes and I could see the wheels turning. I had to act fast or I was going to be wishing I ran off to park instead of eating at all. Daphne opened her mouth and quickly asked, "Where is Simon?"

Daphne pressed her lips together noticing my diversion. Then her face softened, "Huh, I was moving so fast to see you, I forgot to ask."

I held back a chuckle, picking up a biscuit. Simon stepped outside with a smile on his face. "Well, if it isn't my wife's first love." He mocked, walking over to place a kiss at the top of Daphne's head.

"I hope you aren't telling people that. It's going to hurt my reputation if people think I lost to you." I stated, making Daphne chuckle.

"I almost forgot how funny you were."

Loving Lord BridgertonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara