Chapter 6

Before I didn't have a plan. Now I do. Maybe not a plan, but the answer to how I can escape.

The only problem is that they can't know the truth. 

I knock on the wooden door to the Alfa's office before I enter. There I find him sitting in the centre of the room behind a surprising clean desk placed in front of a gigantic window which allows bundles of light to illuminate the room.

"What do you want?" he growls standing up. I move towards him until I'm a few feet away from his desk. I swallow, this wasn't going to be easy.

"This truth isn't easy. It's dangerous. That's why she doesn't know. Why you cannot know. I can't tell you much, but I can tell you something" I stop and look up to him, he gives me a nod urging me to continue as he takes a seat again, "Thirteen years ago she was meant to learn, but everything changed before she could. Since then, we've never had a plan, just survive till tomorrow. We never had anything to live for. The very same reason why we have no answer.

"My mate was never a problem, I spent the last few years assuming he was dead. But I guess not. No one else has found their mate. These problems go beyond mates. Going beyond any thing you can do. I can't promise answers or solutions. But I can find possibilities.

"Until then we are the only ones who can protect her. You might think differently but, that's the truth. You could help with many problems, but cannot protect her from this. Maybe one day she'll return to these lands and you are given a chance to show her mates aren't that bad. Till that day, you'll have to wait" I inhale a breath and watch, waiting to see if I'll get a response. Nothing. He won't even look at me. Instead he stares down at his desk, lost in deep thought. 

So I leave. I don't get far. Outside the office stands Evelyn, who clearly overheard everything. Her face is hurt and upset, but not as much as Jason's. I can't bring myself to make eye contact, it'll be too awkward. "I'll take you to the border" she suggests with a sigh. I agree with a simple nod. We make our way down to the front door. On the way I notice Hunter standing by a wall. For the briefest of moments we lock eyes and exchange a glance. I give him a discreate nod, telling him I'm leaving and we'll be gone soon. Obviously he'd know instantly, he's a great tracker, also meaning he could find us. Hunter is one of the few who can, but only because we help a little, otherwise it'd be impossible. The two of us break eye contact and I leave the house. Before we enter the forest and the pack house disappears out of sight I glance back at the building. Knowing it won't be the last I see of it. This is only the beginning. The start of something that would lead us back here. That is for certain. 

 Then it's gone.

For a while we walk in silence until Evelyn stops telling me we have reached the border. "I hope you're right about this" she mummers.

"I can't afford to be wrong. So I make sure I'm always right. This shouldn't be an acceptation. " I grin, she sighs and gives a saddened look.                                                                                                                  "You heard what I said right?" I ask, she nods, "Well then this is something I didn't tell him. The day we wander this world freely is the day there is hope they can be together. That day is a lot closer than you think. I can feel it. You can pass along the message if you want." I pause, "I also have a feeling we'll meet again. Like my mother once said 'What is destined will always be destined'." I don't say anything else, letting her try understand my truthful words.

I throw her a mischievous grin before disappearing into the depths of the forest.